Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Help] can't wear new nx hat

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, im new :p

I added a v163 hat into v62 server. Everything is okay but i can't wear it. I tried to double-click it but nothing happen. Why? And how to wear it?

My English is badddddd :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There could be a few reasons; although the most probable is the item id. In older clients, not sure up to which version (90-100?), hats can only be equipped if their item id is within the base hat id + 3000. It's a bit awkward since alot of higher version hats are beyond the initial 3000 id's, so you'll either need to change them by hand or make a script that does that for you without overwriting any existing hats, of course.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm assuming you've copied the hat into the v62 Character.wz, but you must also copy the string of the hat into the v62 String.wz, and then update your server's wz xml files!

Reaction score
The String.WZ has nothing to do with this. The reason you cannot equip the hat is because either there is something wrong with the imported hat or you have some nodes that do not belong.

In higher GMS versions there are newer nodes that aren't coded into v62. All you need to do is remove them. If you can post a screenshot of the nodes expanded I can let you know what needs to be remove and what doesn't.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The String.WZ has nothing to do with this. The reason you cannot equip the hat is because either there is something wrong with the imported hat or you have some nodes that do not belong.

In higher GMS versions there are newer nodes that aren't coded into v62. All you need to do is remove them. If you can post a screenshot of the nodes expanded I can let you know what needs to be remove and what doesn't.

technically speaking after fixing some of them myself though, if you're on a version with nodes that dc, then your client supports them and you just need to import the proper data.. some info is added in Etc.wz and other locations with extra effects and stat additions to items, and without adding these, hovering over items will dc. I tested this out myself on v83, v90, and v117. I used JMS nodes that would normally crash, yet added the extra info in the WZ and I stopped client crashing. In v90 I did the same thing. My overalls and such dc'd, added the new nodes, and it stopped crashing.

Videoboy45 Not sure if anyone updates Strings for items to be honest, only for maps/npcs/mobs to avoid client crashing.

Audace Correct, and by the way, the cap was removed in v80 for hats :)

Reaction score
technically speaking after fixing some of them myself though, if you're on a version with nodes that dc, then your client supports them and you just need to import the proper data.. some info is added in Etc.wz and other locations with extra effects and stat additions to items, and without adding these, hovering over items will dc. I tested this out myself on v83, v90, and v117. I used JMS nodes that would normally crash, yet added the extra info in the WZ and I stopped client crashing. In v90 I did the same thing. My overalls and such dc'd, added the new nodes, and it stopped crashing.

@Videoboy45 Not sure if anyone updates Strings for items to be honest, only for maps/npcs/mobs to avoid client crashing.

@Audace Correct, and by the way, the cap was removed in v80 for hats :)

What would I do without you.

LF> Wz editing classes from you and Alpha.

Back