Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help/Comparison]Comparing GFX cards...

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I just need your opinion the comparison of 2 GFX cards.
Ok so the GFX card that came with my computer was a nVidia GeForce 6100 GPU..
And I just got a ASUS nVidia GeForce 7800 GS..

I was just wondering which one is better, I of course imagine the 7800 because the number is higher xD
I'm not really into GFX hardware.

And even though I got the ASUS driver for it..I still get some problems
Such as after I exited WoW the last time (Haven't tryed it a 2nd time) The screen got all weird, all I could see was gray, and alot of lines running through my screen..
Also after I restarted the computer because of that problem (I had to hold down the power button, due to the odd screen, I couldn't click restart) After loading my account up, the computer auto restarted itself, when I got back on, It told me Windows recovered from a serous error..
The core temp of the 7800 is generally 50-60 degrees..Not sure if that's 2 hot..

Here's a pic of the Core temp and whatnot..
frozenrat - [Help/Comparison]Comparing GFX cards... - RaGEZONE Forums

One more question, do you think the 7800 could handle overclocking?

Last edited:
A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The 7800 GS is a rather old card in terms of the 7000 series.

To be honest, the first of the 7000 series to be released as a potential 'powerhouse' was the 7800 gt, which failed rather utterly because of its high temps and constant problems with driver usage.. it was the first of its kind and needed some tender loving care when it came to using it.

The 7800 GS on the other hand, is a definite improvement.. as it doesn't run quite as fast as the GT, it still maintains a slightly higher then normal heat rating, because of how its made mostly. 60C is perfectly acceptable, only really get worried when its starts hitting 75-80+.

In terms of overclocking, I wouldn't really bother with it using a 7800.. the performance gains aren't really extraordinary at all, and you wouldn't notice the difference at all.

I can say, bottom line, it is a good card all around, and will suit you much much better then your older 6100 =)

P.S.
Never use manufacturer drivers.. head straight to ( ) for your Nvidia based drivers, they have the most complete up to date ones :) Shoudl fix a few of yoru problems!

Back