• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[help] conn. fail

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i can connect my sever use host ip 10.1.1.5 and 127.0.0.1

but i got con. fail with my internet ip, why?

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Are you using a router? If you do, you have to open port numbers 10007 and 10009.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
really? only 10009 is open on my router...

im gonna try that and see if it works~ many thanks man!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh no, is that so hard to build the connection? i still got conn. fail...

i've been dealing with this prob for weeks. now im just getting more and more confused.

im sure the ports are open properly, since my website works well on port 8080.

there must be something wrong with my server and client.

all the ips(127.0.0.1) in server (hotuk.ini and sql dll.reg) and in client (ptreg) have been replaced by 125.238.XXX.XXX, which is my internet ip. but it still doesn't help.

swezid, could you give me some more suggestions, please? just wanna try some different ways to get it done. thanks, man!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do i have to hex game.exe(or any other file in server or client) and change some code to build the connection?

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Well, get in the very bottom in your game.exe and type your IP you are using to connect into your server with in your client in hex. try that, im not sure its working but normally you do like that...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If there is no COMIC SANS MS XXX.XXX.X.X at the bottom of your game client then you do not have to hex in your IP.

Did you change the IP information in your Registry File and ldata?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you mean the registry file "sql dll.reg" in server and the ldata in the image folder in client?

i will try that. many thanks man!

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
nah, remove the old xxx.xxx.xxx and put in ur IP,
You should also put it in your registry, ldata and ptreg.
Hope you get it work!! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nah, remove the old xxx.xxx.xxx and put in ur IP,
You should also put it in your registry, ldata and ptreg.
Hope you get it work!! :)

Hexing the client IP only applies to QF's client. =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all the ips that i can find out in client and server have been replaced by my ip address, but still got conn. fail...

i can easily connect my server just replace the ips by 127.0.0.1 in file sqlddl.reg, hotuk and ptreg. im using fusion's repack+ kpt-endless tower-update as my server and kpt 1871(test) as my client.

conn. fail's just killing me.. but i just don't wanna give it up. god bless me...

thanks scotteiboi and swezid for your reply!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all the ips that i can find out in client and server have been replaced by my ip address, but still got conn. fail...

i can easily connect my server just replace the ips by 127.0.0.1 in file sqlddl.reg, hotuk and ptreg. im using fusion's repack+ kpt-endless tower-update as my server and kpt 1871(test) as my client.

conn. fail's just killing me.. but i just don't wanna give it up. god bless me...

thanks scotteiboi and swezid for your reply!

What is your msn?

Back