• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos [HELP] DBC Error When Running mangosd.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-Mangos has been compiled from the latest revision.
-World of Warcraft folder fully updated and installed with Burning Crusade, which is also fully updated.
-Used an ad.exe compiled from the latest revision to extract all the maps. Moved maps folder from World of Warcraft to the server directory.
-Downloaded mpqe.exe (v1.08 ShadowFlare MPQ API Library) from some random site. Used it to extract from enUS's MPQ's. Moved all the dbc files from the MPQOUT/DBFilesClient to a dbc folder in the server directory

I run mangosd.exe, after I run realmd.exe, and a handful of errors starts showing up.

Here's a copy of the output:

2010-01-23 19:35:23 Initialize data stores...
2010-01-23 19:35:24 ERROR:
Some required *.dbc files (19 from 56) not found or not compatible:
./dbc/AreaTable.dbc (exist, but have 36 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 31 fields instead 33) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/ChrClasses.dbc (exist, but have 60 fields instead 58) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc (exist, but have 16 fields instead 14) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/CreatureFamily.dbc (exist, but have 28 fields instead 26) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Faction.dbc (exist, but have 57 fields instead 53) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Item.dbc (exist, but have 8 fields instead 4) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/ItemExtendedCost.dbc (exist, but have 16 fields instead 14) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/ItemRandomSuffix.dbc (exist, but have 29 fields instead 25) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 66 fields instead 125) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SkillLine.dbc (exist, but have 56 fields instead 38) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SkillLineAbility.dbc (exist, but have 14 fields instead 15) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SoundEntries.dbc (exist, but have 30 fields instead 29) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 240 fields instead 216) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SpellItemEnchantment.dbc (exist, but have 38 fields instead 34) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SpellRange.dbc (exist, but have 40 fields instead 38) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Talent.dbc (exist, but have 23 fields instead 21) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/TalentTab.dbc (exist, but have 24 fields instead 23) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/WorldMapArea.dbc (exist, but have 11 fields instead 9) Wrong client version DBC file?

I would appreciate it anyone could help.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm, yea. I just noticed. Used the dbc files extracted by the latest ad.exe, but the errors are still the same.
you must have the 3.3.0a patch installed nothing lower nothing higher

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Delete all DBC folders. Download the newest Mangos revision and use the ad.exe in the contrib folder. You can cancel ad.exe once it's finished extracting the DBC files. Like gregon said, make sure you have 3.3.0a.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delete all DBC folders. Download the newest Mangos revision and use the ad.exe in the contrib folder. You can cancel ad.exe once it's finished extracting the DBC files. Like gregon said, make sure you have 3.3.0a.

I downloaded to install World of Warcraft and the two expansions. I fully update each of them and when I run it, it says 3.3.0 11159. Is this 3.3.0a? If not, how do I get it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I downloaded to install World of Warcraft and the two expansions. I fully update each of them and when I run it, it says 3.3.0 11159. Is this 3.3.0a? If not, how do I get it.
yes that is 3.3.0a

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes that is 3.3.0a

Oh I see. I thought 3.3.0a was an older version because master said not to use a lower or higher version of the client. So, I was confused.

I recompiled all the necessary tools to get the dbc's, maps, and vmaps, and tried the extraction process all over again. Now I have a new problem when trying to extract maps. It gets stuck at 44% when "Processing..........".

Why? I'm going to restart my computer to see if it will do anything because this is kind of random.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are using the newest ad.exe from Mangos right? You are using the master branch too, right?

It works now. I reinstalled and recompiled everything, including WoW.

Another question. What registration website should I start off with?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if ur having troubles setting it up i believe that amber mangoes is the easier extractor just download it extract and use those maps and dbc's and what not save's you time and manual labour XD

Back