Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help][dev] How does Habbo packet base64 encoding/decoding works?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been reading the following posts:
-
-

But im unable to understand, im confused with the base64 part.

For example, on Nillus post he says that "B@" corresponds to the int 128, but when I try to enconde 128 in I get totally unrelated result "MTI4"

I even asked chat-gpt but has no clue. I'm not sure if it really is Base64 encoding as I never seen '@' in base64 encoded string!

Would appreciate any help, im looking more explanations that help me to understand, not looking for code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use this
Yeah, I managed to code my own B64 encoder/decoder after alot of confusion... Its not the base64 binary-to-text encoding, its more that the numbers base is 64, just like base2 is binary means only numbers from 0-1, base64 or radix 64 is meant to go from 0-64 only. Has nothing to do with actual "base64 encoding"

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That code is broken, function decode_vl64 is not working on line 27, specifically:
value[i + 1] should be value[ i ]

As said, managed to make my own functions. Just impressive, the functions are not documented, and no one ever asked anything about them. I guess everyone just copies and pastes or translates them into other language. There is a "guide" by Nillus that really doesnt explain anything about how the functions work.

At this point im just reverse engineering the LingoScript from the DCRs

Upvote 0
Back