Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Differences between ROSE server types

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys! How are you? Hope fine :D
Well, I'm facing a problem to understand all kind of different types of server files we have to ROSE Online, hope someone could help me to understand that.

I'm software developer in C, C#, C++ and LUA, and want to help the community with this great game that we love, but first, I need a better understand about all kind of server types.

Today, I don't know if there is a team developing a source code, and with my search, I found the types below:

iROSE, OsiROSE, Arcturus, Tsuki ... Well, I have to say that I'm totally lost about him. I'm not sure about emulator versions, evo and international versions. The point is, I see some servers around there called iROSE running with all features like quest system, mall, arua fairy buffs, I mean all resources, and definitely don't know what is the most complete or update source code and server files with original international client.

Could someone please explain me all the differences about? or maybe send me some link where I can find this information? I try to find here but all information are obsolete!

Really need to thank you guys, will appreciate your help :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
iRose is pretty much what the original rose online was based on, people play this version because of the balanced hp and damage limit
-> (2047) this is basically what arcturus is :).

osIrose -> is an emulator that is currently being worked on by raven and some other people who are helping develop it, its written in c++ but currently is not working.

Tsuki is just another irose server that ran a while ago nothing special.

Evo is what the current rose online is based on with quite a few differences such as no item mall, stats do different things, no mount system, the damage formula is completely different from what current rose and what irose is ( no limit on damage ). Pretty much an updated version of what irose became, IMO one of the worst versions of the game and pretty much ran it the game to its inevitable death.

I recommend starting with the current official iRose or Evo sources ( easiest way to get into running a working server with fewer bugs than what osRose emulators provide ), However if you continue working on osRose emulators its definitely way better working on them rather than the complete mess of what the official sources are ( blame korean programmers i guess ).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Appreciate your answer, thank you!
In fact your opinion gives me all that I need to start a ROSE online study!
I'll will try to get a iRose file to start as well, then when I get a good understanding, I can help out the dev community with osRose.
Thank you!

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
best of luck, love the game but its a pain the upgrade from scratch.

Upvote 0
Back