Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[help] How To "Merge"?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I have just downloaded Ketchup's files etc, server is all up and running - followed this YouTube guide:

So I was looking around here and thought I might try editing and stuff, so I followed this guide https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/...ens-easy-guide-with-lots-of-pictures.1038344/

At the end, it says to "merge"? That's where I'm lost. In the Resource folder there's an .exe called Merge but it does nothing.

Edit: Is there also a way to increase the size of the game window? I've tried editing Nuez.ini to 1920x1080 but it's still stuck at 800x600

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
the merge or merge2.exe in your Resource folder copies every file written down in your resource.txt file to your Client folder in form of the three files "data.res", "dataSub1.res" and "dataSub2.res".

You can check this by opening one of those three files with an ResEditor.

Everytime you change sth. in a file that is in the resource.txt, you have to use merge.exe once, so it updates the files in your Client folder.
For example if you add a new window in your "resdata.inc" with the text in "resData.txt.txt" and the defines in "ResData.h".

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,
the merge or merge2.exe in your Resource folder copies every file written down in your resource.txt file to your Client folder in form of the three files "data.res", "dataSub1.res" and "dataSub2.res".

You can check this by opening one of those three files with an ResEditor.

Everytime you change sth. in a file that is in the resource.txt, you have to use merge.exe once, so it updates the files in your Client folder.
For example if you add a new window in your "resdata.inc" with the text in "resData.txt.txt" and the defines in "ResData.h".
I figured this out, thanks so much!

How can you change upgrading speed? And is there a more streamlined way of making monsters drop items like Spros, Gpros etc instead of individually adding these items to every monster's drop table?

Upvote 0
Back