• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] HTML "Show More Content"

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, take a look at this following website

How do i make the "Show more Music Release" button?
Where on click it will show more posters and hide the button?

Any idea anyone?

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Look at their source and figure it out. Damn.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't be a smartass. It's either you help or you stfu. And don't think i didn't do that before i came asking for help.

Reaction score
Don't be a smartass. It's either you help or you stfu. And don't think i didn't do that before i came asking for help.
no u..
4. Include enough information
Make sure you paste relevant code, indicate what you tried already, etc. If we have to guess what help you want it'll take a lot longer before we can help you!

5. Don't just dump your problem and hope we sort it out for you!
Coders section is not a general 'I need something fixed so lets ask you guys to fix it for me' forum! If you have a specific problem, for instance a typecast that's giving you trouble or a regex that's not working correctly, feel free to ask. But do not dump here 50 lines of code with the message 'its not working, fix please', or expect us to write your scripts for you!

6. Do not ask stupid questions!
Contrary to popular believe, there are such things as stupid questions. If we feel you could have answered your problem yourself with 5 minutes searching or reading a manual, you will get an infraction!

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe this qualifies as a question without enough information, a problem that hasn't been properly researched first (ie, he dumped it here), and probably a stupid question.

Oh poop. Evil cat is right.

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Button on click -> Hide button + Show hidden list items -> ??? -> Profit.

Evil cat is right.

Last edited:
ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It's either you try, and attempt people will help you or stfu. And don't think I believe that you tried before you came asking for help.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's what you believe. Believe me, i tried my fair share.
Viewing source doesn't help because i did that and it didn't help.
Searching on google without relevant keywords lead me to nowhere.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The show more music button isn't HTML. That's JavaScript. To do it you'd need to have something like.

Code:
<html>

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function showMore()
{
 var d = document;
 d.getElementById("more").style.display = "block";
}
</script>
</head>

<body>
<div id="show_more" onClick="showMore();">Show More</div>
<div id="more">More Music</div>
</body>

</html>

and the css for the "more" will be "display:none;" or something. That's just basic, if you wanted to add more effects like a fade or something you'll need to code that in yourself. I will not code that in for you.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks i got it working, but how do i make the button disappear after clicking?

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The show more music button isn't HTML. That's JavaScript. To do it you'd need to have something like.

Code:
<html>

<head>
function showMore()
{
 var d = document;
}
</script>
</head>

<body>
</body>

</html>

and the css for the "more" will be "display:none;" or something. That's just basic, if you wanted to add more effects like a fade or something you'll need to code that in yourself. I will not code that in for you.

Don't do this manually. Use a DOM manipulation framework.

Thanks i got it working, but how do i make the button disappear after clicking?

He already said how.

Reaction score

Code:
<html>

<head>
function showMore()
{
 var d = document;
}
</script>
</head>

<body>
</body>

</html>
html allow only one id(read ids must be unique) on page though, so this wouldn't really work if he had multiple hidden elements just like they have

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

also yea,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If he had multiple hidden elements he would simply just add the following for as many divs as he wanted to the function LOL...

Code:
d.getElementById("[I][COLOR="Red"]the div id[/COLOR][/I]").style.display = "block";

Reaction score
You realize that if he added what you suggest I'd show/hide all divs after clicking on just one "show more" button, right.

And even if you meant is as creating the showMore() function for each div he'd want to show/hide, it's retarded.

Such an "elegant" and "flexible" way of coding heh.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You realize that if he added what you suggest I'd show/hide all divs after clicking on just one "show more" button, right.

And even if you meant is as creating the showMore() function for each div he'd want to show/hide, it's retarded.

Such an "elegant" and "flexible" way of coding heh.

true... but it's an good basic.

Reaction score
Code:
function switcher(id) {
    element = document.getElementById(id);
    if(element.style.display != "none")
    {
        element.style.display = "none"
    } else {
        element.style.display = "block"
    }
}

Code:
<div id="show_more_music" onclick="switcher('show_more_music');switcher('more_music')">Show More Music...</div>

<div id="more_music" style="display:none;">
I contain more music....
</div>

<div id="show_more_movies" onclick="switcher('show_more_movies');switcher('more_movies')">Show More Movies...</div>

<div id="more_movies" style="display:none;">
I contain more movies....
</div>

<div id="show_more_books" onclick="switcher('show_more_books');switcher('more_books')">Show More Books...</div>

<div id="more_books" style="display:none;">
I contain more books....
</div>

Good?

Last edited:
Back