Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help]I dont get drops and gold from monsters

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To fix this, first of all you need to understand what is causing it.

If you are using my Personal Priston Tale release, this is a known bug that I have not managed to track down yet. Just use a different game.exe and server4096.exe pair.

I believe the problem is a network protocol mismatch between the server and client... such that the client doesn't understand the item drop packets sent by the server.

However, if you are not using my PPT pack, then there are other reasons this may occur. There is a hotuk switch in the server to disable drops. Each monster has drop information in it's data file at the server end. There may be "understanding" issues between other server, and client executable "pairings".

To find out what your problem is may take some trial and error.

Good luck. :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think my hotuk is good and im using UPT Server Files
can u give me Monster files ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you use GM level 1-2 commands and you spawn monsters, you won't see drops. you have to use GM Level 3 commands in order to spawn monsters with drops.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, it might be a PORT problem, if you changed them. There is a tutorial here to explain how to do.

But I know when a friend changed it on his game.exe and server.exe, he had the same problem. You just have to change more than 1 vallue. He changed all the "1927" (=10009) (=original port) and it worked after that... But be carefull and don't edit vallues if you don't know what you are doing :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i think my hotuk is good and im using UPT Server Files
can u give me Monster files ?
Monster files make up about two thirds of a server repack. If you need all the monster files, you better re-download a server pack.

UPT has less bugs in it's monster files than most, so I'm fairly confident that all your monsters aren't broken, unless you ran some tool that modifies them all in one go, like the XP Rate changer or Translator tools. Theoretically, they could do that if they went wrong somehow. But if that's the case, just re-extract from the Re-pack archive.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, it might be a PORT problem, if you changed them. There is a tutorial here to explain how to do.

But I know when a friend changed it on his game.exe and server.exe, he had the same problem. You just have to change more than 1 vallue. He changed all the "1927" (=10009) (=original port) and it worked after that... But be carefull and don't edit vallues if you don't know what you are doing :p

The "friend" Moons is talking about is me so I will explain you how to fix it, what are the problems, and what are the results.

The port section is one of the most delicate sections in the server.exe to decide to hex/modify. I changed my ports with that guide, but then I noticed my exp and drops weren't working, so I went back and I edited all the 1927 to my new port and then drops & exp where fixed, but we lived with 1 month of server crashes every 1-3 hours due to changing unnecessary hex values that cause crashing. Recently, I remade my ports and edited 1 by 1 on the port till I knew which ones where exactly needed for drops & exp. After that my server has been released (XternalPT) with no crashes. Been on for almost 4 days straight (and counting) without crashes and before it was crashing every 1-3 hours. You want to make sure what you're doing, it's very delicate when it comes to server.exe and port forwarding.

I can give you a hand if you want to send me an email at airbourne@xternal-gaming.com

From the sidelines this is all the advice I can give you:

-- Client Sided: Change all "1927" ports to your new port or else your client will crash on contact with the server.
-- Server Sided: There will be 6 hex lines that you have to change from "1927" to your new port. Now the tricky part is that the server has 22 "1927" lines and you have to change only 6 of them to your new port, so trial and error is your best source now. What I did is edit it 1 by 1 until I got results and my drops & exp begun to work. Now that is exactly what I would recommend for you to do with your server.

Note:
If you are not having port issues (you haven't changed your port) this information I just explained is completely useless.

Regards,
Air Bourne

Last edited:
Back