• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] Making Games for iPhone - No Mac?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am interested in making games and apps for the iPhone / iPod Touch, but unfortunately I do not have a Macintosh computer.

What is the best way to go about doing this? I want to be able to put these games in the Apple Appstore too with no issue.

Virtual Machines is ok to me, but if there's a way to do this in Windows, then that would be preferable!

Thanks

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could try installing hackintosh on your computer if hardware is compatible. Or you could install mac os in vmware or virtualbox.

Here is some info for hackintosh tonymacx86 Blog

Added:
Forgot to note that you can install hackintosh on spare hdd (if you have one) while keeping your windows. Just make sure to unplug windows hdd before installing hackintosh.

Last edited:

Zen

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hackintosh can be a pain in the butt unless you build a computer specifically for it sometimes (because there is only a -specific- list of hardware that people have converted drivers for).

If you can run OSX via Virtualbox on windows that would be a great option

oh btw...

DarkKnightH20 - [Help] Making Games for iPhone - No Mac? - RaGEZONE Forums

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
if you trying to find a way to make iphone games try unity3d. its a game engine but the scripting language is multilangual. u can use c++/ javascript/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for making ipod / iphone games use xcode but you dont have a mac xcode is just avaible for mac os no windows so as the others said use a virtual machine or use unity 3d ( not good for apps but good for games ) you need a jailbreaked ipod/iphone or a you have to make it into the apple store ( a 1 year license costs 99$ )

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
adobe flash cs5 is the answer. you can extract it to andriod or iphone os just learn AS3 kind easy

Back