• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Help needed for compiling an exe.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,I need some help from one of the experts here.So i opened an exe(it`s a game server) with ida pro,I made some some changes in a column(Enums) and now i wanna compile the exe again,to see if the changes that i made are available.Can someone with experience with Ida Pro can pm me so i can show him exactly what i changed .THanks a lot guys!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

So, since you already made the changes, skip to the part where you generate a .diff file and apply the patch. I've never patched anything in the Enums window myself, but it should work the same way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So, since you already made the changes, skip to the part where you generate a .diff file and apply the patch. I've never patched anything in the Enums window myself, but it should work the same way.
Thanks a lot angra.Can i get your msn or skype so i can ask you directly if i have any questions again?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The thing is i edit something in the enums window,but if i make a .diff file,it won`t show me any changes.Also where can i find that ida patcher that says in that guide?I can`t seem to find it :/ Thanks again all!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The thing is i edit something in the enums window,but if i make a .diff file,it won`t show me any changes.Also where can i find that ida patcher that says in that guide?I can`t seem to find it :/ Thanks again all!

You have to edit the config file to get the patch menu to appear. It might not be possible to patch the enum data, especially if the enums are actually in a different exe (e.g. part of a standard library). Like I said, I haven't ever changed anything in the enums window but a .diff file is more or less how IDA supports patching.

If you need help with reversing, check out the #vana IRC channel on Fyrechat. A few of us are experienced, but the others are more familiar with IDA than I am.

Last edited:
Back