Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help]old OS on laptop

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hy
i have a Toshiba Satellite pro L300 1 BA dual core T3200 2 GB 250 HDD and i installed several OS like Windows Server 2003,Windows Xp Sp3 , Windows Server 2003 Sp1 and work very hard with this OS mentioneted....Can someone tell me Why ?it's like i don't have Dual core :|

When i buy the laptop was installed Vista and work very fast .... with Windows 7 ultimate vorks fast too

All Os are x86.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chances are your missing drivers, also keep in mind 7 was built to actually utilize all the cores in your system for the operating system workload. XP/Vista does not. Even tho Vista is probably one of the fastest OS's out of all three of them. Its definitely not as stable. XP is a solid OS for a old machine. Its fast, stable, and runs on next to little resources. 7 is like the father of XP, its all that XP was just pushed into the 21'st century. So really with them specs why would you want to downgrade to a XP/2003 kernel? If you do gaming (which I doubt) then XP would only be good for extra game revs on a older machine. To make a long story short, why not just run Windows 7? Its compatibility mode and such is pretty good. :/:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Chances are your missing drivers, also keep in mind 7 was built to actually utilize all the cores in your system for the operating system workload. XP/Vista does not. Even tho Vista is probably one of the fastest OS's out of all three of them. Its definitely not as stable. XP is a solid OS for a old machine. Its fast, stable, and runs on next to little resources. 7 is like the father of XP, its all that XP was just pushed into the 21'st century. So really with them specs why would you want to downgrade to a XP/2003 kernel? If you do gaming (which I doubt) then XP would only be good for extra game revs on a older machine. To make a long story short, why not just run Windows 7? Its compatibility mode and such is pretty good. :/:

the point is i installed for example win xp sp 3 for a muserver.Server files what i have not support win 7.drivers all are ok ...
:|

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the point is i installed for example win xp sp 3 for a muserver.Server files what i have not support win 7.drivers all are ok ...
:|

So install 7, and then install XP inside a virtualbox.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i never make something like that...it's ok ? is here a guide how to make ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i never make something like that...it's ok ? is here a guide how to make ?

Its pretty simple. Tho if the server uses a lot of ram you will probably need to buy more. Install 7 then download and install virtualbox, then you can install XP inside the virtualbox. After that you can download SQL etc and install them inside virtualbox as well. Restore your database, make your ODBC connections, and then run the server. Its pretty simple, and straight forward.

Back