• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] Restoring DB From DanSpdRepack Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to restore the DB's, can someone please help me?
Maybe I overlooked something?
Also, thanks Dan for sharing the file you coded.

Edit Node Info:
12 GB Ram DDR3 ECC
2.63 Ghz 2 Processor x 4 CPU Each = 8 Cores
2 x 2000 GB SAS
Windows 2008 Standard 64bit (Licensed Genuine)
1 GBPS on 10 GBPS Switch Port
(100% sure has nothing to do with the error)

Code:
===================================

Restore failed for Server 'WIN-181XAVUE45F\SQLEXPRESS'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)

------------------------------
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1045+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Restore.SqlRestore(Server srv)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.SqlRestoreDatabaseOptions.RunRestore()

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection sqlCommands, ExecutionTypes executionType)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExecutionManager.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection queries)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExecutionManager.ExecuteNonQueryWithMessage(StringCollection queries, ServerMessageEventHandler dbccMessageHandler, Boolean errorsAsMessages)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.BackupRestoreBase.ExecuteSql(Server server, StringCollection queries)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Restore.SqlRestore(Server srv)

The code page 936 is not supported by the server. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.00.2531&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=2775&LinkId=20476

Server Name: WIN-181XAVUE45F\SQLEXPRESS
Error Number: 2775
Severity: 17
State: 2
Line Number: 1

Program Location:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)

Thank you in Advance!

Last edited:
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Possible problems

- You are using MSSQL 2005 or lower. I recommend to use MSSQL 2008
- File(s) is(are) corrupted. I recommend re-downloading.

Thank you button looks like this
boltin - [Help] Restoring DB From DanSpdRepack Error - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks DanSpd for the reply, (I checked and I have Express, should I not use Express?)

A)You are using MSSQL 2005 or lower. I recommend to use MSSQL 2008
I installed:
SQL Server Express 2008 with Service Pack 1
SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express
SQL Server 2008 Management Objects
from Web Platform Installer Database Section

I think that is fine, if not feel free to correct me.

B)You are using MSSQL 2005 or lower. I recommend to use MSSQL 2008
Do you have a mirror, I redownloaded your repack to get the BAK files and I still get the same error.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Okay, I have the files and it is not corrupted.
May you please link me to the MSSQL you are using/used?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm curently useign the DanSpdrepack with no erros. How are you restoring them?
2008 express is fine. thats what i'm useing.
only thing i can think of is either corrupt files or your restoring them the wrong way.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot with that error, you get that in step to restore db?
edit: at a little googling found some informations that the code error is based on non-suported features by default language, try to add simplified-chinese lang to your OS and try again, probably it will be fixed.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I added chinese language, however when I google it came up with 936, my error is 950.
Everything I posted in the code is a text version of the error I got.
Btw are you guys running it on 32 bit or 64 bit?
And thanks for replying.

Oh and I am restoring them from the studio, right click database, restore, type in "Account", Select Account.bak, Add it, Tick the box, and restore. And then error.

Last edited:
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please notice information below

- 32 Bit System
--- 32bit OS
--- 32bit MSSQL 2008 Express (no service pack)
--- 32bit ODBC

- 64 Bit System
--- 64bit OS
--- 64bit MSSQL 2008 Express/Enterprise (no service pack)
--- 64bit ODBC

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OS is 2008 with SQL express, now he are installing 2003 32bits for test.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dan could you give me the link to where you Downloaded SQL Server and Manager?
Thanks once again.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
SQL 2008 Express is FREE. http://www.microsoft.com/express/database/
but this requires you to use their Web Platform Downloader/Installer Client. Also you need to install the C++ Redistributable SP1. The Web Platform does it's pre-flight check prior to download and install. So it will guide you thru what components are missing or is in conflict with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is not working for me for some odd reason on my 64 bit standard win 2008.

Can you tell me which to tick, as maybe this might work for me? Or are these features not needed? thanks. This is 2008 Express installer with Studio for 64bit. WPI doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
Back