• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Help: Retrieve thread titles in forum. C#

Reaction score
I need help on retrieving thread titles from the MapleStory Advertisement section, and also turning them into links to produce a list in C#.
CioNide - Help: Retrieve thread titles in forum. C# - RaGEZONE Forums

It's the last step on my application.

Last edited:
Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
You can fetch the thread titles and/or content of threads through the RSS feeds, e.g. <![CDATA[RaGEZONE - MMORPG server development forums - Coders' Paradise]]>. There's a few guides out there on fetching RSS data with C# (like: ), so no doubt this should be feasible for you. Good luck.

EDIT: For MapleStory Advertisement section - RaGEZONE - MMORPG server development forums - MapleStory Servers
But how to make the output to my listbox?
That's the struggle.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use WebClient to fetch the HTML, remove the header, then use PREG functions.

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would be stupid to fetch html when there are feeds, which is basically xml..

Thanks for reiterating my point, anyways, like I said, you can have a look through Google for a few tutorials and examples. It would be difficult for me to explain it here in elaborate detail.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reiterating my point, anyways, like I said, you can have a look through Google for a few tutorials and examples. It would be difficult for me to explain it here in elaborate detail.

I just checked your link...
Anyone else notice an uncanny resemblance to his app?
...other than the old Win2k theme, that is.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you can use any windows list box to show them. Use a xml parser to parse the feed, then just loop over the elements inside the main node and list.add(new MyLink(...));

class mylink : ListItemOrSomethingLikeThat
{
}

and then make a onclick event to all those items and retrieve the class

on_click_event(object sender, eventargs args)
{
MyLink item = listbox.Selecteditem as MyLink;
process.run(item.link);
}

Back