• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos [Help]Some questions about mangos !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK , i have started my own wow PvP server on mangos revision 7701 - patch 3.0.9 ...
I had no problems configuring SQLlyog,WampServer and etc...
I made a mall in central Dalaran with my own vendors.

With the time new ideas came into my head ,but for a non expirienced wow admin like me , its hard to realize this ideas...

Here some of my questions :

1. I wanted to make an arena , where i can put 2 bases in the corners(alliance and horde shop in them),and pvp arena in the center...So i found a custom out map ,smoothly ground and i surrounded it with a wall...Then i spawned some tree's.The problem is that i must go really near to the objects , to actually see them...My video settings are at max distance , but a friend told me that there is no way to increase the visual distance of the spawned objects .(because blizzard made the game to load - terrain first , then objects).Are there any other options in console or datebase that i change ?

2.I want to do some vendors selling Extended Cost items..Let's say that player will start with arena season 1 gear and he wont be able to get a season 3 item , before he gets a part of season 2...I mean - in the season 3 vendor , the shoulders will REQUIRE arena points AND the shoulders from season 2.So i must actually add a new extended cost item in the arena season vendors...The problem is that - when i go to SQL - NPC_VENDOR - COLUMS - EXTENDEDCOST there only - BG ,World pvp and instance medals , honor,arena points,gold, rep points, but there no armor sets ...
So can i add more extended cost items?

3.I have some kind of a problem with gameobjects...I told you about my custom pvp arena , and i wanted to add buildings for the horde and alliance...Towers , 1-2 houses or somethink...
The problem is that - i have the buildings in my datebase and yes - i can spawn them..But i cant see them :*:
Actually - i am spawning a building and the game says the object is there ,but its kinda invisible.That's not only about me - no one can see them...I friend told me its about video card drivers - there up to date...
I checked some forums - there other people with the same problem :?:

4.Earlyer i started a new jump - labyrinth event.I spawned many food crate boxes - made them looking like a wall...My idea was to make players click on the boxes and make a door to continue.The problem was that the crates have loot , so i went in Quice and removed all box loots...But - there was 1 more problem .The cooldown of boxes was too short - players could not make a door in the boxes , cause they respawned too fast...So there respawn cooldown is 25 seconds - i wanted to make it at least 50sec.I checked Quice , but there, i must change the cooldown of every single box 1 by 1 in the script table(there were like 2500 boxes)...So i went to SQLyog - Gameobjects - Colums - Spawntimesecs...Can you tell me how to edit the colume and find the box in there ?(or if its there other way to change items respawncooldown)

5. And my maybe last question - the server is not populated so much...there like 20-30 people in it now...
We wanted to play some WSG,but we could not get 5 people on every team...Is there any way i could make the BG's start with less people in the start ?

I am sorry if i posted any lame questions , but i am really new to mangos and private servers at all !:):
I also have many ideas in my head about the server , that's why i want to make thinks work better ,mainly the gameobjects.

Thanks for your answers in advance , i hope you explain the thinks more like - for a nooby :p:

Back