• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Help with MaNGOS 2.0.10 server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've searched Google and numerous WoW Server forums, but obviously not hard enough. I followed a tutorial on this site for setting up MaNGOS 2.0.8 with EasyPHP (but used 2.0.10 instead) The server works fine on localhost, but if I change all the IPs to my WAN IP, in realmd.conf mangos.conf MySQL andd realmlist.wtf I cannot connect. I don't want to start a large public server, I just want a couple of friends to be able to connect to it. (We all have WoW subscriptions). I'd appreiciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just on more question (sorry, I'm being a noob i know). I got Hamachi and my mate installed it. He can log on to WoW and my server shows up, but when he selects it it comes up "Connecting to Server" then it kicks him back to the Realm List. Is this a problem on my end or his, as I can still connect to my server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okey get a dynamic ip from no-ip.com or your own domain if you bought one. create the dynamic ip to your wan IP you can find that at: IP Chicken - What is my IP? Find Your IP Address! when your done making your dynamic ip, put the <yourdynamicip>.com (or something els then .com, it depends on wat you made) into all the spaces where you need to fill in an ip. No http:// with it!!!

Then go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open hosts with noteblock. Now you got to add a few lines and then you can connect to your server from local and wan :)

#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # bronserver
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x clienthost

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 <yourdynamicip>.com #servername
<lan-ip> <yourdynamicip>.com #servername

sorry for my bad englis xD i'l hope it works for you.

Back