• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ Help with old logon screen v117

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Let's make this clear.
You say you're not good at it.
My advice: stop.
You are not going to succeed.

Full clarification:
You'd have to modify unknown values inside the binary to move the boxes around.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I juz felt like this thread became a argueing conversation, so like... i dk, stop posting in this thread? well this thread have alot of answer from the pros, like entei said, STOP!!!, okay bye ~

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You can do anything you set your mind to, I've been here for a couple of years and it never ceases to amaze me how tired people are of leechers, but everyone starts somewhere. And if you help them out in the simplest way they can grow as a coder/person. I don't know about binaries but try to learn if you're determined to, don't fall into the circlejerk community "i released this so I'm a god and I think you should kill yourself" attitude.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
You can do anything you set your mind to, I've been here for a couple of years and it never ceases to amaze me how tired people are of leechers, but everyone starts somewhere. And if you help them out in the simplest way they can grow as a coder/person. I don't know about binaries but try to learn if you're determined to, don't fall into the circlejerk community "i released this so I'm a god and I think you should kill yourself" attitude.

I agree with you to some point. Many people are not as mean as you claim, only people who have continuously ask to be spoon fed. I have been here for quite some time now (since '10 i believe) and I have been helped by many people I now call friends or people I now look up too. They don't get mad at leechers. What they get mad at is people who want all the information without working. Try solving it your self and then post your results and ask for help. Also if its some thing like bin../ and its too hard, start with the basics. Take apart the client or where ever its located and read up. Personally I thought it was inside the map.wz and I have moved them before never have I touched the client. But its a vague memory so Im not sure if some one has helped me or not.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I agree with you to some point. Many people are not as mean as you claim, only people who have continuously ask to be spoon fed. I have been here for quite some time now (since '10 i believe) and I have been helped by many people I now call friends or people I now look up too. They don't get mad at leechers. What they get mad at is people who want all the information without working. Try solving it your self and then post your results and ask for help. Also if its some thing like bin../ and its too hard, start with the basics. Take apart the client or where ever its located and read up. Personally I thought it was inside the map.wz and I have moved them before never have I touched the client. But its a vague memory so Im not sure if some one has helped me or not.

If you read the thread he's not asking to be spoon fed. He is confused and this IS a complicated subject, this is the first time anyone has tries to import a new login screen into an entirely different source. If you agree that the people here are correct by telling him to quit you need to rethink what it means to be a kind community. This guy has just joined us and is already trying to put out work. If every newcomer that comes by and asks for help got told to quit, the maplestory coding in general would die in a fiery hole. Our "decent" developers have everyone on private sourced and never release anything, and our newcomers are shunned, ignored, and demotivated. It's a retarded cycle. I try to release as much as I can, but even I need help, no matter if it's because of if I don't know the language, ect. The people here act as if they WANT to see the section die. We have 0 developments other than mine, and a average of one release a week that gets flamed because it doesn't suit the commenter's needs. The WZ secton has been dead for a LONG time now, ever since v117.2 became scarce. I hoped that the new releases of sources would bump up the community, and to an extent it has, but the knowledgeable are being greedy and the knowledge seekers are scattering. I only hope that they are happy when everyone's gone and they do the same to the next big MMO Source.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
If you read the thread he's not asking to be spoon fed. He is confused and this IS a complicated subject, this is the first time anyone has tries to import a new login screen into an entirely different source. If you agree that the people here are correct by telling him to quit you need to rethink what it means to be a kind community. This guy has just joined us and is already trying to put out work. If every newcomer that comes by and asks for help got told to quit, the maplestory coding in general would die in a fiery hole. Our "decent" developers have everyone on private sourced and never release anything, and our newcomers are shunned, ignored, and demotivated. It's a retarded cycle. I try to release as much as I can, but even I need help, no matter if it's because of if I don't know the language, ect. The people here act as if they WANT to see the section die. We have 0 developments other than mine, and a average of one release a week that gets flamed because it doesn't suit the commenter's needs. The WZ secton has been dead for a LONG time now, ever since v117.2 became scarce. I hoped that the new releases of sources would bump up the community, and to an extent it has, but the knowledgeable are being greedy and the knowledge seekers are scattering. I only hope that they are happy when everyone's gone and they do the same to the next big MMO Source.

1. My post was on and off topic constantly so please read it more thoroughly.
2. I was talking about not a single person, but a group of people. I especially was not talking about this guy.
3. I said that if people are being to harsh on the topic, try learning the basics first before diving right into the material. Its like diving into a 50ft pool without knowing how to swim.
4. I never finished reading your thing cause my eyes hurt to much.
5. I have helped every wz edit thread I can.
6. The only reasons why sections are going extinct is because people ARE asking to be spoon fed and want nothing more. The people who are trying are staying off ragezone until they absolutely need help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to start a war here. Well.. This forum is called ragezone afterall...

OT: Im gonna limit myself as people have suggested me to either stop trying. The client editing seems way difficult than i thought. But Im gonna get into it eventually. Im sure of it.

Ever since i started .wz editing i was thinking there had to be a way to change the positions of the buttons in order to simulate the original login screen. And now i know, thanks! It really wasn't what i expected though.
Im gonna give out likes to everyone who helped since i've noticed people seem to care about them in this forum.

Back