• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Hireable npc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there anyway that u can modify npcs to hire them for there services? I have a server set up for friends and family but there isnt always enough people on to run instances. So would u be able to modify the .npc npcfollow command where i could give that command out to basic accounts but have it show up as a cost for gold. This may be a stretch but let me know if u get the just of the idea, and if u have any ideas how i could do this. Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could make a script. However it would be a large job due to aggro and so on. Maybe make it like the hired person is your pet? Also, once it dies its gone until you hire another.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ya that could be something to tinker on *goes digging in his .lua trunk*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I'm new to this and as far as C++ or Lua I haven't a clue. So scripting for me is out of the question. So if anyone would be willing to guide me in the direction on how to do this or where i could find an easy tutorial on learning it I would be gratful.

p.s. Thanks for the replies

Back