• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Holy poop this is awesome

Reaction score
Google already stated that they where not intentionally collecting the data. If they did, wouldn't they already have used it..
Yeah you are absolutely right, they weren't trying to do that. They were just driving around, picking up signals, reading data etc. I mean it happens to me all the time. Just last week I was walking around with my laptop and all the sudden I picked up data by accident.

Seriously. Does anyone actually believe that nonsense? Those cars driving around only needed to take pictures, now neither a camera nor a car picks up wifi signals, let alone collect data. Think about it, does this happen to you? Does this happen to you when you walk/drive around? And not just with 1 car, but all of them.
Their story that it was done to get a estimate on the location of the cars/pictures is absolute shenanigans. We have a special system for that for a while now, you might have heard of it, it's called GPS. Yeah it's a nifty system to pinpoint where you are.
You mean a web based OS? Google is not the first one to create such an OS..

They don't hurt your privacy, you do. If you want real privacy unplug the modem.
Really? Which other OS is completely web based? You do know what OS is right? Don't be confused with webbased programs.

Yes you are right, we hurt our privacy ourselves. Like by using Chrome. Hence I refuse to use it. Which was my point to begin with.
As far as I know, everything is a choice.. Creating a facebook account is a choice, using a browser that, according to you, is led by a company that wants all your info!
Yes, They might collect data, just as you're probably collecting data on your website. Thats called marketing, every company does it.
I don't have a website. And as for collecting data, there are various ways to collect them and use them. While they all infringe on your privacy, I do believe that Google is going way over the top and is right now 1 the worst companies that infringes on that.
This is not because they are the only one or whatever, but seeing how large they are and them abusing that power, makes them much worse then others.
So explain to me what does chrome do to make things worse?
If you dont trust chrome, then you're free to download the source and alter it. But this doesn't mean chrome fails.. This only proves you're a whiner..

Oh and people have altered it, apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like all that crap.

I'm sure you will want to argue that this is not that bad etc. But the fact is, Google keeps doing it again and again. I used to be a huge fan of Google, but their views on privacy is getting worse and worse, you might not think it's a big deal, but let me sketch something for you on the amount of data they got on a full blown Google user.

Browser: Chrome
Phone: Android
Email: Gmail
Photo's: Picasa

So here you are, you got your Android phone connecting, at which point all data is being shared with Google, phone numbers, messages etc.
You log into your Gmail and the advertisements are aimed at your interests because they scanned your emails.
You work on your computer saving all personal files on their servers.
You browse the internet and the link of every website you visit is saved.
You also put your pictures on their online website.

Because they know which belong with which they have all this data together, they know who your friends are, what websites you visit, what you write about, who you call and even those pictures you got of your friends and family.
And then when they drove around and monitored all wifi traffic they even found out where you live.

If they needed info on you, then they could get pretty much all the info you ever shared on the internet.

You ever seen 1 of those futuristic movies where some huge company knows everything about you. Not so futuristic really. You might not think this is a big deal, but it really is, especially since we don't get more privacy, we only get less.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are absolutely right, they weren't trying to do that. They were just driving around, picking up signals, reading data etc. I mean it happens to me all the time. Just last week I was walking around with my laptop and all the sudden I picked up data by accident.

Seriously. Does anyone actually believe that nonsense? Those cars driving around only needed to take pictures, now neither a camera nor a car picks up wifi signals, let alone collect data. Think about it, does this happen to you? Does this happen to you when you walk/drive around? And not just with 1 car, but all of them.
Their story that it was done to get a estimate on the location of the cars/pictures is absolute shenanigans. We have a special system for that for a while now, you might have heard of it, it's called GPS. Yeah it's a nifty system to pinpoint where you are.

Really? Which other OS is completely web based? You do know what OS is right? Don't be confused with webbased programs.

Yes you are right, we hurt our privacy ourselves. Like by using Chrome. Hence I refuse to use it. Which was my point to begin with.

I don't have a website. And as for collecting data, there are various ways to collect them and use them. While they all infringe on your privacy, I do believe that Google is going way over the top and is right now 1 the worst companies that infringes on that.
This is not because they are the only one or whatever, but seeing how large they are and them abusing that power, makes them much worse then others.

Oh and people have altered it, apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like all that crap.

I'm sure you will want to argue that this is not that bad etc. But the fact is, Google keeps doing it again and again. I used to be a huge fan of Google, but their views on privacy is getting worse and worse, you might not think it's a big deal, but let me sketch something for you on the amount of data they got on a full blown Google user.

So here you are, you got your Android phone connecting, at which point all data is being shared with Google, phone numbers, messages etc.
You log into your Gmail and the advertisements are aimed at your interests because they scanned your emails.

Because they know which belong with which they have all this data together, they know who your friends are, what websites you visit, what you write about, who you call and even those pictures you got of your friends and family.
And then when they drove around and monitored all wifi traffic they even found out where you live.

If they needed info on you, then they could get pretty much all the info you ever shared on the internet.

You ever seen 1 of those futuristic movies where some huge company knows everything about you. Not so futuristic really. You might not think this is a big deal, but it really is, especially since we don't get more privacy, we only get less.

Well I do agree on some of this stuff.
Google collects alot of data.
Hence maybe this is why I don't use gmail or android phones.
or cause I don't like those 2 at all?

But I do care about what google knows about me.
This is why I use private tabs and proxy I am searching stuff on google. (illegal stuff)

Reaction score
You go around claiming a lot things without ANY evidence to back it up. Then telling me to look for sources is not how it works.

P.S
Jesus Christ, your life must be hard. Lighten the duck up.
You seriously need to duck off and die in a corner.

Your idiotic and retarded comments are just a huge piss stain on this forum.

First you witch that I don't give you proof, when I do you start bitching that my life must be hard.
Why are you even around here? You start discussions, yet you are not willing to proceed with them, I mean you throw out 1 useless comment and that's it, that's your whole discussion.

Seriously, there is no need for you on this forum (or any other I'm guessing), so do us all a favor, piss off or stfu, but I'm getting tired of idiots like yourself who witch at me while doing nothing but spam themselves.

Now here is my first rant since forever.

Anyway. Just read this, though it was appropriate to post here. ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Actually, if you walk around with you wifi enabled phone, you can do exactly the same! Nothing special is need..

Google was only able to collect data from OPEN/UNENCRYPTED Wifi routers. So if you wanted privacy in the first place, try putting a password on your router.

They use the wifi information for this product: skyhookwireless.com
--
I actually MEANT web based OS'es, they're called clouds, for example JoliOS, Moblin and plenty of others.

Yes you ARE right.. usage data is bad. Dude get over yourself, Microsoft collects usage data, firefox does it, opera does it, linux is also able to do so.

Oh.. You mean, like, we use their products because they have sync abilities? Yep, its true.. I wouldn't be bothered if I couldn't sync my contacts..

+ You do know opera also has sync options?

How? Did they know that router belonged to me? Do you know which router belongs to me?
So they took a picture of our house, big whoop.. It was on the real estate website before we bought it..

Everyone could get any info you pretty much shared on the internet? So whats your point..

You ever seen 1 of those futuristic movies where some huge company knows everything about you.
Yes, it's called the government

Not so futuristic really. You might not think this is a big deal, but it really is, especially since we don't get more privacy, we only get less.
Actually.. NO. You get the option to do so.

You're just blowing it out of proportion.. I suggest you go sit in a corner and cry about how you don't have privacy, while you're providing your name on your bio.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually, if you walk around with you wifi enabled phone, you can do exactly the same! Nothing special is need..

Google was only able to collect data from OPEN/UNENCRYPTED Wifi routers. So if you wanted privacy in the first place, try putting a password on your router.
Last time I checked, no data was actually saved when it detects a signal. But I guess I just missed the folder called "data I picked up from wifi connections" where all the emails, urls and passwords I picked up are saved.
I actually MEANT web based OS'es, they're called clouds, for example JoliOS, Moblin and plenty of others.
There is no such thing as a webbased OS, otherwise the system couldn't boot.
I looked up JoliOS and that system allows you to choose to just use your home PC to load from. So while again, there is no such thing as a webbased OS, but on top of that that OS allows you to keep your files private. Google wants you to save your stuff on their servers.
Yes you ARE right.. usage data is bad. Dude get over yourself, Microsoft collects usage data, firefox does it, opera does it, linux is also able to do so.
Yes they are, but while MS is considered the big evil company, everyone seems to love Google. Even though right now MS is infringing less on your privacy then Google is.
If something is popular enough then no one seems to care what that company does.
Oh.. You mean, like, we use their products because they have sync abilities? Yep, its true.. I wouldn't be bothered if I couldn't sync my contacts..

+ You do know opera also has sync options?
I'm not syncing anything, so that's a invalid point.

The point is that Google has been in the news constantly for violating privacy related stuff and yet people keep giving them their information freely and Google does everything to make it as interesting as possible for you to give up that information.

For Google it's not just giving you the option to sync, for Google it's giving you that option AND getting all your info.
How? Did they know that router belonged to me? Do you know which router belongs to me?
So they took a picture of our house, big whoop.. It was on the real estate website before we bought it..
How do they know? Because they collected data from you like emails, passwords, urls. They match those up in their database and tada...

And who is talking about streetview pictures?
Everyone could get any info you pretty much shared on the internet? So whats your point..
Really? You can read my emails? You can see who my contacts are who's numbers I got in my phone?
Damn you must have some impressive skills.
Yes, it's called the government
And how many people are pissed off at them?
There is 1 difference between the 2 though. While the government works for the people. Google can do whatever they want.
Actually.. NO. You get the option to do so.

You're just blowing it out of proportion.. I suggest you go sit in a corner and cry about how you don't have privacy, while you're providing your name on your bio.
I choose what I share when I entered my name in my bio. How many people choose to share all that info with Google? How many choose for Google to gather their data including emails, passwords, typed urls etc?
And what about all the people who have no idea what Google does? And just assume it's alright?

But hey, be a Google fanboy. It makes you really smart.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Last time I checked, no data was actually saved when it detects a signal. But I guess I just missed the folder called "data I picked up from wifi connections" where all the emails, urls and passwords I picked up are saved.

There is no such thing as a webbased OS, otherwise the system couldn't boot.
I looked up JoliOS and that system allows you to choose to just use your home PC to load from. So while again, there is no such thing as a webbased OS, but on top of that that OS allows you to keep your files private. Google wants you to save your stuff on their servers.
I also mentioned it was a cloud OS, webbased doesn't imply its a website. Just that it requires you to have internet for almost all services.

+ JoliOS also has a cloud service for all your stuff.
While it's true that GoogleOS doesn't provide local storage, there is a reason why THEY didn't go down that road.

Yes they are, but while MS is considered the big evil company, everyone seems to love Google. Even though right now MS is infringing less on your privacy then Google is.
If something is popular enough then no one seems to care what that company does.
Everyone still cares, governments and people complain about sites like facebook.

I'm not syncing anything, so that's a invalid point.
You're not, but you're beloved browser has that functionality, just like mine.. And like you, i'm able to to turn it on.. and back off again :)

The point is that Google has been in the news constantly for violating privacy related stuff and yet people keep giving them their information freely and Google does everything to make it as interesting as possible for you to give up that information.
You mean constantly for the Wifi issue.

For Google it's not just giving you the option to sync, for Google it's giving you that option AND getting all your info.
Yep

How do they know? Because they collected data from you like emails, passwords, urls. They match those up in their database and tada...
So, they drove by with a car, collected data from my unencrypted wifi network (which should have been encrypted anyway). They look through millions of users in each and every product they have for that one email you sent out with your unencrypted network. And now they know who you are?

Seriously?

And who is talking about streetview pictures?

Really? You can read my emails? You can see who my contacts are who's numbers I got in my phone?
Damn you must have some impressive skills.
Who was talking about your emails?
Lets quote back

if they needed info on you, then they could get pretty much all the info you ever shared on the internet.
Yes.. it is possible to get stuff you shared on the internet.

And how many people are pissed off at them?
There is 1 difference between the 2 though. While the government works for the people. Google can do whatever they want.
If you can recall, Google needs those people to sell their products.

I choose what I share when I entered my name in my bio. How many people choose to share all that info with Google? How many choose for Google to gather their data including emails, passwords, typed urls etc?
And what about all the people who have no idea what Google does? And just assume it's alright?

While I do agree with the part that a lot of people don't know much about the current browser they are using, whether it is chrome, opera, safari or pretty much any browser out there.
Not all people can understand whats going on and what a browser actually is (for example, older people).

Thanks, I always knew I was smart. I just needed to hear it from you..

I'm actually not a Google fanboy, I use Opera on a daily basis.
This is also my last post for this discussion.
I do agree with you on some level though..

Reaction score
There is at least 1 other browser that does that as well, not sure if it was FF or IE.

Anyway I use Opera. Main advantage is that while it stays up to date, almost no one targets it because the audience is small. On top of that it's a clean browser, easy to use and works better then FF or IE, and yes I use the latter 2 as well for some instances, but I find them to be quite slow in comparison.

Seriously, did you just went to Google to see what they are upto? Start using your head and look for different sources.
(Dutch link)
This is just many of the things that Google won't put on their site.

Stop being a ignorant Google fanboy, while Google was 'the poop' 5 years ago, they are now just like any other company, hungry for anything they can get their hands on.

You think Opera protects your privacy?

What privacy, might I ask, does it "respect" more-so than any other browser?

Also, how do you say opera has a small audience? It's one of the most popular browsers out there :/

Just because people don't use it as much as IE, FF, Chrome (Chromium), or Safari.. It's still up there with them.. It works on every Operating System. More than I can say about IE.

It's not "unpopular", but you are insecure. (I mean you, as a person, not Opera's Browser.)

And by using the internet, by using FaceBook, by having an account on RageZone, by owning an Email Addres, By using Instant Messengers, and by Posting your thoughts and feelings:

YOU ARE SUPPLYING GOOGLE WITH INFORMATION ANYWAY!

Idc if you use another search engine- that info is getting stored, and google can spider the other search engines- so you are supporting their growth in "knowledge".

I'm supporting it, why would you care? Are you hiding something? You think Opera is going to let you safely watch Child Porn or something? wtf is your problem with the modern world?

The same reason you hate the world is the same reason I love it- You can learn almost anything simply by searching the net and cross-referencing.

Got a problem with that? Then go offline.

Or grow up.......

I have the same problem with you as I have with Broadcast Television:

If you don't want people to obtain it free, don't send out free signals with no encryption? Today, in some cases it is illegal to accept broadcast signals without paying for them.

Now THAT'S corrupt. Google, not so bad. Everything they nab is being publicly broadcasted to the world.. Google driving by in a car with a camera should be no more illegal than the satellites detecting nuclear weapon launches, or a neighbor driving by- smiling and waving.

Welcome to Universe. It was never intended to be a "secure" place. (Ask radio waves)

Edit: Wait.. You're just mad because you want to see the snow-ball but are too afraid to download Google Chrome to try it.. hehehe.. It all makes sense now..

I had much fun using Google Chrome for the first time on this computer, and I don't have the slightest feeling of insecurity for doing it.. I didn't even sign in to RageZone, and my Firefox application is completely separate from my Chromium browser...

Oh wait, you're probably using Windows so all your info is meshed together and anyone using your insecure wireless can see the entire life of your current computer(s) on the network.. hmm.. You shouldn't do that...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
THIS IS Ducking AMAZING XD NOW ILL NEVER GET BORED :D
yayy for the best release!! :p

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You know what would be cool? If we could make it so this script starts automaticly on a website and have the option to turn it on/off lol. TOO LATE I HAVE ALREADY STARTED THAT WEBSITE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D I am making a website with lorem ipsum and then you can click "go" and it runs the script and you eat the lorem ipsum words >:D

Back