• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How can I connect a habbo client to a server [EMU DEV from scratch]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an experienced software engineer with plenty of years in the industry. I want to start habbo emu dev, and I want the full learning experience from 0. That means getting client files and connecting them to a server. To start receiving and decoding packets, I need to tell the client to connect to my server, and thats the question I have, I really dont care about the version, I would just like to have a general guideline or direction if possible.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"experienced" don't care about version... Ok...
whats wrong? how is your post useful? you are providing 0 value, why even bother anwering? I dont have played habbo in 15 years, I just want to learning experience writing an Emu from scratch, the version doesnt matter, as said, I dont even know the differences.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i'm still looking for some help. Whats wrong with the post? Im not asking for something generic like "How can I do an emu from scratch" I'm asking for something very specific.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But that's the problem. You're not asking for something specific. Habbo have been through various versions, various technologies. To start building an emulator you need to have some idea what version(s) you want to build for as the packets and encryptions have changed multiple times.

What era of Habbo interests you? what's your most fond memory? Perhaps thats a good starting point to figure out the version your want to work with.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But that's the problem. You're not asking for something specific. Habbo have been through various versions, various technologies. To start building an emulator you need to have some idea what version(s) you want to build for as the packets and encryptions have changed multiple times.

What era of Habbo interests you? what's your most fond memory? Perhaps thats a good starting point to figure out the version your want to work with.
Is there any version thats easier than other? Im more interested in oldschool for now, I dont remember the differences between, I guess the most popular oldschol would be fine with me!

v18?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v18 uses B64/VL64 encoding for its packets. You can learn more here:

v18 client source:

vl64 playground:
vl64 python gist:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v18 uses B64/VL64 encoding for its packets. You can learn more here:

v18 client source:

vl64 playground:
vl64 python gist:

Really appreciate that! still open questions:

- How can I tell the client to connect to my server - where do I need to put my IP?
- I've seen this is lingoscript, is this shockvawe or flash? also, how can I compile this?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone?

from the link youve sent me:

thats only the lingo script files, from what ive googled, I need also CCT files which are the scenes? where can i get those from? for r18

Ive found the client files on the same github link here: . I dont need the client source code you sent me, another question arises.
Whats the difference between dcr and cct files? I already looked up the definitions, but as usual those dont help much

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back