• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How did you tell your parents that you...

Reaction score
I smoke at highest one cigaret at certain occasions. Would never dream of smoking nor buying them myself. If I'm offered by someone I'd like to talk to or something similar, then sure thing.
Same here, only happens once in a while and only when sum1 offers me one, and then it's only if I wanna talk to the person or w/e and the cigarette is an excuse to just stand and talk lol.

I'm-a ruin you, punt!
Reaction score
Well I live with my dad and at the age of 14 (14 or 13) we had a HUGE argument to the point I just walked into the garden and started smoking. He came out ten minutes later and surprisingly took to it well; he started smoking at around the same age so he couldn’t give me a high and mighty lecture without looking a fool. I think the biggest annoyance to him was the fact I was spending my lunch money on cigarettes.

I’ve now been smoking openly for 5-years and let me tell you now, I’m ashamed of it. It’s costing me £7.85 for 20 Cigarettes and I’m smoking at least 40 a day. If my dad had re-acted differently it would have caused me to stop.

All I can say to you is, for the sake of your pocket and your life don’t even go down this path. It’s not cool and it doesn’t look ‘hard’. Once you start it becomes impossible to stop, I gave up for about two months and in the end I was crying because I wanted to smoke that badly. It’s a slippery slope that’s hard to climb back up. So just give it up, whilst you can.

And before anyone says I’m trying to preach etc. I’m trying to help others learn from my mistakes, nothing less and nothing more.

OP, age? Ahh, 17..

If legal smoking age in UK is 18, I'd hide your smoking for a year, and when you turn 18, smoke on the street like average people.

Parents dont have to know ;)

Legal smoking age in the UK is 16, it's only 18 to purchase them. Stupid I know, but hey.

Reaction score
Anyone could post a wall of text saying their story and how cigarettes are bad. Lets cut the bs, cigarettes are bad so don't do it.

Well yea, when you read that people who have done the exact same thing you are have now quit and regard it as the worst decisions of their life, it makes you think and hopefully makes you want to quit too.

It can be very effective, i don't know why you're calling it "BS". If simply saying "smoking is bad" worked then there wouldn't be so many people doing it.

Back