Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how do i clean the inside of my pc?

Reaction score
vacuum cleaner XD

ever had a bicycle air pump? use it and pump in shots of air to dusty area...use your vacuum cleaner to suck out the dust when u pump in the air

Reaction score
tbh i stick with the tissue (for cpu and gpu) and a light duster for everythign else... people recon that compressed air is the way to go, but its only effective at really close range, and at that distance the pressure is enough to bend resistors and other small components (yes, i tried it on an old computer and thats exactly what it did).

but as mazo said in the other thread, you cant use dodgy tissue or it does leave behind bits or "particles" (i dont use dodgy tissue lol so thats why i nv had that problem)... and with the duster, i always make sure that it has no loose or bent bristles that could get stuck and snap off.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
for the cpu fan use twevvers and swabs
and also for the fans compressed air to keep the fans clean get some mesh fan grids then just take them out and rinse them

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Compressed air, I personally use dad's high pressure cleaner air spurter thingymabob, i stand like 4 feet back and all the dust goes WOOSH!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Compressed air, I personally use dad's high pressure cleaner air spurter thingymabob, i stand like 4 feet back and all the dust goes WOOSH!
me too
air compressors can kill
i clean my pc every month or so

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
now it will be making noises like a tractor...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
use a half wet cloth (not too wet), it's good for sticking out all the dust and making ur insides clean :D

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For the case, I use a damp rag, but not too damp...

For the rest, I use tissues or cotton balls.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to use to clean it out, but thats what I use.

I've tried compressed air before for the case, from experience, I can say it works, as Kentucky said.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Dont use water!!!! if it spiils or drips in its done use 65-70% rubbing alcohalo it dosent do anything to your system i spilled a botle in mine and just let it dry and its back!!!

Reaction score
tbh i stick with the tissue (for cpu and gpu) and a light duster for everythign else... people recon that compressed air is the way to go, but its only effective at really close range, and at that distance the pressure is enough to bend resistors and other small components (yes, i tried it on an old computer and thats exactly what it did).

but as mazo said in the other thread, you cant use dodgy tissue or it does leave behind bits or "particles" (i dont use dodgy tissue lol so thats why i nv had that problem)... and with the duster, i always make sure that it has no loose or bent bristles that could get stuck and snap off.

Never use tissue. Tissue if very statically changed and can shock your stuff and there goes the computer. ;)

Only use them if you are clean something that isn't attaced like a removed heatsink.

And compressed air is one of the best ways. Just shoot it from a foot back and it wont hurt nothing. Or you can just use you had and wipe it all out.

The best way to clean the case is going to take some time. First you need to remove everything from the case. Opticals, floppies, cables, HDD's, cards, fans, and mobo.

Then you take some compressed air and blast all the hard to reach areas to blow out the dust. Then use the compressed air on the cards and motherboard at a 1-2 feet away. Then soak up a rag with rubbing alcohol and wipe down the case, opticals, floppies, and the HDD's (make sure you don't touch the PCB board on the bottom with the rag). Then remove the HSF from the CPU and use some cotton balls and alcohol and clean off the CPU and the bottom of the HSF so there is no more thermal paste. Then Take the compressed air and blast the HSF as close as possible to remove all the dust in it. If possible remove the fan from it so it's easy to get it all out. Then take the rag with alcohol and wipe down the fan blades so they are clean. Then it's time to wipe down the mobo with cotton balls and alcohol. Do the same for the cards. If they have a HSF try to remove it and blast it with compressed air and then clean the thermal paste of of it. Then it's time to reapply new thermal paste (it's a good thing to change it ever 6 months to a year depending on what type you have). Now put everything back in your computer and wipe down your cables with the rag before you put them back in.

Now that's the best way to clean it but it will take you and hour or two.

NoPeace - out

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Vacuum followed by moist rag for most of the parts...

The heatsink can be removed and put through the dishwasher (the actual heatsink itself, not the fan and everything else...)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Moist rag? Zap.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
use paint brush if u dont have air blower use the small ones .. just brush away the dust

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Compressed air ONLY, do NOT use anything else or your either going to pull a lose component off and suck it up your vacuum or your going to fry your components via static, only use compressed air that is particle free.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
compressed air ftw!, works the best tbfh, just make sure you don't blow stuff into your eye etc.
the funniest
blow air on the fans
they make funny noises
do the same on a led fan (with light)
they light up

Reaction score
Compressed air ONLY, do NOT use anything else or your either going to pull a lose component off and suck it up your vacuum or your going to fry your components via static, only use compressed air that is particle free.

I use a vacuum if I'm out of compressed air. if you put the hose in the exhaust hole it pretty much does the same thing (except when I use my dad's uber basement vacuum; that would blow my computer to hell)

Back