• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos How do I compile and run a 2.1.3, and with updated quest-bug-fixes for it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I wonder how to to compile and run a 2.1.3- or a 2.1.4 server, becouse I want a version before 2.3, before all new stuff came. (Guild-bank is an exception, I have to let it go unless there is a way to costumeize a patch-version).

*And at the same time, get the updates for the bug-fixed quests that is done for the 2.4.3 version (I mean those quests that is the exactly same in content as for 2.1.3/2.1.4), becouse there must be a way to get the bugfixed quests for 2.1.3-4 when work is done already for these quests.

Ok. So I don't like the 2.4.3-version, becouse it is a terrible nerfed TBC-version. And the nerfs started in 2.3 (the same patch as Zul'alman came) and become worse after that. I can't say I disliked Zul'alman at all, but the nerfs that came with it is bad. So the raid-dungeon has to go, or if there is a way to costumize a patch, that would be awesome.

The ultimate would be to have a un-nerfed version, as for 2.1.3, together with the newer dungeons and only some of the new functions as for the guildbanking-system.

In short, here is what I wonder:

1. How do I get files to compile a 2.1.3-version? Do the files even exist?
2. If possible, how do I upgrade the bugged quests from that database, to the newer fixed database for these quests (as for 2.4.3 updates on these quests, but of not include the nerf to any quest)? Lol it seem impossible, or..?

I have compiled and run all normal versions (vanilla, 2.4.3, 3.3.5a with no problem. But this... I don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Technically, you could modify almost anything you wanted, depending on your own skill level. I don't know of any v2.1.3 or v2.1.4 cores out there except for maybe an old Antrix or original MaNGOS compile which are both extremely buggy and old. Honestly, if you want a v2.4.3 that isn't nerfed, you would be better off using MaNGOS One and just un-nerfing it.

If you wanted to spend a lot of time on it, you could feasibly modify a v2.4.3 server to almost exactly match v2.1.3.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Technically, you could modify almost anything you wanted, depending on your own skill level. I don't know of any v2.1.3 or v2.1.4 cores out there except for maybe an old Antrix or original MaNGOS compile which are both extremely buggy and old. Honestly, if you want a v2.4.3 that isn't nerfed, you would be better off using MaNGOS One and just un-nerfing it.

If you wanted to spend a lot of time on it, you could feasibly modify a v2.4.3 server to almost exactly match v2.1.3.

Thanks for your answer.

After some thinking and reading your post, I guess it is more realistic to do as your suggestion, to modify a 2.4.3 than finding a working version. And I am going to try that.

Back