• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How I can stop ddos?

Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello ragezone members, I have a question.
My dedicated server getting ddos attack(massive), what's the best solution to protect myself and prevent those attacks? I'm looking for solutions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My dedicated server getting ddos attack(massive), what's the best solution to protect myself and prevent those attacks? I'm looking for solutions.
Well the only way you can protect a dedicated server is by paying more money basically. Big servers usually have a lot of gbps , thats why they never get taken down. Its a common thing among new servers , the GunZ community has always been this way. People not respecting you're work.
Hope i helped a bit

Upvote 0
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
Buy a server at a host which is specialized in DDoS protection. E.g. koddos, hyperfilter, ovh, sharktech, limestonenetworks.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
throw more money is the solution but is it worth it? ddos protection aint cheap but dedi servers are 300$ which the guy mentioned above me.

Upvote 0
Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, we bough dedicated server with 10Gbps protection but they still get us down probably in 20~25 minutes, clamhost got our attention so is hyperfilter..
Is there any useful tips like how to filter and prevent ddos? plus if we buy another dedi what things we MUST have in it (which packages, anyone can give me links).

Upvote 0
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
Most hosts don't give you access to the firewall, you'll have to hope that they are able to filter most of the bad traffic.
You'll have to buy a package that provides enough protection against what you're receiving now.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The ddosser is senging pings to ur ip right, maybe blocking the Ddosser IP from your hardware and firewall/internet? I don't know if that works but some years ago i tought Superwaffle released an really good ipban program for everything in gunz release. Im not sure more but in that years i used against ddossers and it helped me alot

(sorry for my bad english)

Upvote 0
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
A DDoS is usually an attack sent from multiple infected servers/PC's. The most common ones are UDP flood, HTTP flood and DNS amplification attacks. There's no way to stop such attacks at server level, it has to be stopped before it even reaches your server because else it will saturate the network of the server in no-time.

You can stop small floods on your own server, but if the floods are bigger then you don't stand a chance.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well the only way you can protect a dedicated server is by paying more money basically. Big servers usually have a lot of gbps , thats why they never get taken down. Its a common thing among new servers , the GunZ community has always been this way. People not respecting you're work.
Hope i helped a bit

Basically it if you are getting massive attacks like you are saying you will need money for a better server, but it is not possible to have assurance that the attacker won't be able to take your server down, so if you get more than your server can perform the download you will be offline.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically it if you are getting massive attacks like you are saying you will need money for a better server, but it is not possible to have assurance that the attacker won't be able to take your server down, so if you get more than your server can perform the download you will be offline.

Exactly even psn and xbox went down for a couple days there is no guarantee even if you have protection.

Upvote 0
Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lmao, someone scammed us ($120 for 6 months ) claiming he can protect us (The Nulled) is Ragezone username, (r0slaw.it) is Skype, ( ) is his method of protection and ( ) his company website.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why would you trust him in the first place he joined 12 december, i know the website looks great and all but i never heard of them. better stick with the option dave provided.

Upvote 0
Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see guys, now I understand a lot from you.. So basicly there's nothing called stop ddos completely but for sure prevent in Dave tips.

Upvote 0
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
Also ALWAYS Google the name of the company before you start business with them.
And another thing is that if you can't find an address of the location of the office on the homepage or contact page, it's probably fishy as well.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lmao, someone scammed us ($120 for 6 months ) claiming he can protect us (The Nulled) is Ragezone username, (r0slaw.it) is Skype, ( ) is his method of protection and ( ) his company website.
There is no real ddos protection with $ 20 a month.

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
I see guys, now I understand a lot from you.. So basicly there's nothing called stop ddos completely but for sure prevent in Dave tips.

Why do you believe paying so low for a service will help you to be doing any good ? Seriously ? Most people, mainly in gaming forums are desperated and do everything to earn 5~10 bucks, not mattering if it will work or not and if it doesn't you are just discarded and generally your "few bucks" disappears...

If you want to have this solved, you really have to pay for a company that is specializing in this issue, with capable professionals to look what is your issue and provide you with a solution, it is not a matter of having a 10~20~100 Gbps server, it is a matter of having equipments and professional people that are able to analyse and determine what is happening and take active measures to solve this and believe-me, that's not something for inexperienced people / or computer geeks, be doing...

Anyways, G/L.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you believe paying so low for a service will help you to be doing any good ? Seriously ? Most people, mainly in gaming forums are desperated and do everything to earn 5~10 bucks, not mattering if it will work or not and if it doesn't you are just discarded and generally your "few bucks" disappears...

If you want to have this solved, you really have to pay for a company that is specializing in this issue, with capable professionals to look what is your issue and provide you with a solution, it is not a matter of having a 10~20~100 Gbps server, it is a matter of having equipments and professional people that are able to analyse and determine what is happening and take active measures to solve this and believe-me, that's not something for inexperienced people / or computer geeks, be doing...

Anyways, G/L.
True, also gaming people need understand 10 Gbps Port isn't the same thing of 10 Gbps Network

Upvote 0
Rival Gamers Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
99.9% of antiddos these day can be bypassed by spoof syn flooding or even dns floods so the truth is your only as safe as you are lucky :), sure you can counter the effects by making some serious changes to the system plus if you have the knowledge you could kill off some fake ack requests by detecting matching ip ranges (roughly 75% match) and then just ignore that range for 5 mins or something other then that its pretty easy to bypass antidoss especially when your attacking with more then one machine / virtual container, and a 10 gbps network wont protect from ddos lol

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
99.9% of antiddos these day can be bypassed by spoof syn flooding or even dns floods so the truth is your only as safe as you are lucky :), sure you can counter the effects by making some serious changes to the system plus if you have the knowledge you could kill off some fake ack requests by detecting matching ip ranges (roughly 75% match) and then just ignore that range for 5 mins or something other then that its pretty easy to bypass antidoss especially when your attacking with more then one machine / virtual container, and a 10 gbps network wont protect from ddos lol

It depends of which company you are talking about, there are good/decent ones where these tricks does not work.

Upvote 0
Back