Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Change Aion Database Password Safely

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WARRNIG DONT DO THIS UNTIL I FIND WHY IT DOES NOT WORK.

This can mess up your database.

The new password has to be put into a different format and I have not figured out what format yet.

I will fix this when I figure it out. It is not in MD5. It is in SHA1.

Still does not work after changing the password in all places and files.

Change the password in the database first.
Open it with navcat or navcat lite
Then go to the mysql schema
Then go to the table user
Find the entry that says under Host choose the entry of localhost with the user name of root
Nothing else
Look for the password field
Double click on the password to highlight all of it and then type in your new password .
Then click on the little check mark on the bottom left bar to save changes.
Then close navcat.

Open the two following files

C:\Games\Aion\SPP-Aion\AL-Game\config\network\database.properties

C:\Games\Aion\SPP-Aion\AL-Login\config\network\database.properties

Look for "database.password =" without the ""

Change the password to your new password.
Change it in both files and save each file.

Then close and restart the database server.

In the window that pops up when you start the database server it will tell you if any errors happen. If you leave navcat open you Will get errors. Just close navcat and close and restart database server.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good tutorial :)

Sometimes the password is changed in some way that isn't typical, in some cases requiring extra steps to generate the correct password.

For instance, base64 encoding the md5/sha1 hash. When authenticating the game client, the password is RSA decrypted and then it's in plain text to do whatever we want.

We aren't particularly limited to the weird and whacky ways it has been done over the years with md5/sha1 hashing, in fact I recommend against using md5/sha1 as there are known collisions that have been around for quite some time already.

But yeah, if you change a password and scratch your head wondering why it isn't working - chances are it's because something extra has been done to the password.

Back