• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

How to change new character spawn point?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive been searching for the past week for some indication on how to change the spawn location for new characters that are created on a 1.5.1 server. I would very much like to do away with the very annoying is62 (Origination) map as I don't find it very useful (and because my machine isnt able to hold all maps and I'd prefer to not have to start the map each time I would like to create a new char). My question is where exactly do I go to change the location to lets say the world map? I'd appreciate any help, even the "search next time: >insert link here<" kind of help. Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive been searching for the past week for some indication on how to change the spawn location for new characters that are created on a 1.5.1 server. I would very much like to do away with the very annoying is62 (Origination) map as I don't find it very useful (and because my machine isnt able to hold all maps and I'd prefer to not have to start the map each time I would like to create a new char). My question is where exactly do I go to change the location to lets say the world map? I'd appreciate any help, even the "search next time: >insert link here<" kind of help. Thanks!

Im still going to say it, even though its gonna sounds really bad.. Search.. And no, I wont give a link since its too many of them mention quite often. And yes, Im still gonna give u a head start for u to figure it out. All u gotta do is change them in XML either in iweb or pwAdmin. If u realized, there is Characters there where u can see "something" where u can edit the starting char that newly create. Edit them. Its pretty easy to figure it out. Now, here come's the best part "How to edit them and where or which part should I edit?"... Search.. Its mention many times in mostly thread. Clues have been given, info has been confirmed that they existed in this forum, so u gotta do what u have to do. XD. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im still going to say it, even though its gonna sounds really bad.. Search.. And no, I wont give a link since its too many of them mention quite often. And yes, Im still gonna give u a head start for u to figure it out. All u gotta do is change them in XML either in iweb or pwAdmin. If u realized, there is Characters there where u can see "something" where u can edit the starting char that newly create. Edit them. Its pretty easy to figure it out. Now, here come's the best part "How to edit them and where or which part should I edit?"... Search.. Its mention many times in mostly thread. Clues have been given, info has been confirmed that they existed in this forum, so u gotta do what u have to do. XD. Enjoy!

I have seen how to change them through pwAdmin, but my concern is whether or not this change will apply to ALL characters newly created? I dont want to make it so that I have to change it manually for each character, I would like to change the spawn point for any and all characters that are created.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, Ive found it now that I know it's in the template/clsconfig.

Upvote 0
Back