• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

how to chnage password for MySQL

Master Summoner
Reaction score
ermm i dont have one and i need one for a repack anyone kno how to? when i try to make a connection with it it says Cannot connect....

Erm i have WAMP and it needs to run fr the MySQL to connect

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Download MySQL and run the instance config wizard. It'll set up your pw at the last screen. Chances are if it's just running off Disk W the pw is root.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
disk W ? and when it did i try putting a password but it wouldent connect :/

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Go to you MySQL folder then to the bin folder and run the MySQLInstanceConfig default password is most likely root as stated above.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Go to you MySQL folder then to the bin folder and run the MySQLInstanceConfig default password is most likely root as stated above.

ermm there is no bin foler and i am useing Navicat

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dude, it's in the MySQL Shortcut Folder In Start>AllPrograms>MySQL>MySQL Server 5.0>MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard

or is navicat some sort of SQL editor?? or is navicat a SQL Server? :|

if it is, I'd recommend switching to MySQL :)

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Navicat is a SQL editor.

Back