Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Enable "Homunculus/Pet Shop" System

Reaction score
The Homunculus were once part of a pet system in TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea and as of the official release, they have been removed.

Homunculus had potential of having a variety of uses, hinted in a way of hidden skills to be unlocked during the progression the game. However, the only available feature the Homunculus had before they were removed was to hold up a player shop to sell items. [ ]

Screenshot_125 - How to Enable "Homunculus/Pet Shop" System - RaGEZONE Forums

Archgeus - How to Enable "Homunculus/Pet Shop" System - RaGEZONE Forums

Screenshot_124 - How to Enable "Homunculus/Pet Shop" System - RaGEZONE Forums

First of all, this DataCenter only.

Open MainMenu.xml and add the following line <MenuItem id="HomunManager" uiName="HomunManager" readableId="SMT_MENU_HOMUN" /> after ServantStorageWindow... line

Must be like this

Code:
<Menu id="Community" index="0" readableId="SMT_MENU_COMMUNITY" iconPath="img://__S1UIRES_Emblem.Ico_CommunityWindow">
        <MenuItem id="ServantStorageWindow" uiName="ServantStorageWindow" readableId="SMT_MENU_SERVANTEXSTORAGE" />
        <MenuItem id="HomunManager" uiName="HomunManager" readableId="SMT_MENU_HOMUN" />
        <MenuItem id="TradeLog" uiName="TradeLog" readableId="SMT_MENU_TRADE_LOG" />
        <MenuItem id="Social" uiName="Social" readableId="SMT_MENU_SOCIALWINDOW" />
        <MenuItem id="LeaderBoard" uiName="LeaderBoard" readableId="SMT_MENU_LEADERBOARD" />
        <MenuItem id="Post" uiName="ParcelPost" readableId="SMT_MENU_POST" />
        <MenuItem id="FriendsList" uiName="CommunityWindow" readableId="SMT_MENU_FRIEND_LIST" />
    </Menu>

Menu String name can be changed from StrSheet_Option.xml

Code:
<String string="Supply Shop" readableId="SMT_MENU_HOMUN" />

Open UIDefaultData.xml and change <Default name="homundisable" param1="" param0="1" /> to <Default name="homundisable" param1="" param0="0" />

And to be able to see them ingame, open your S1Options.ini and set SHOW_HOMUN=False to SHOW_HOMUN=True

That's all. Since i just discovered how to enable this by coincidence, there might be bugs or something like that.

As always, Thanks to @hsdn to point me with the last step of show the pets ingame

UPDATE

Optional: Bring back the "Pet Merchant" job of all "Commodities Manager"

Server side.

Open and Insert the following lines into their listed DataSheets,

VillagerMenu.xml

<!-- Velika-->

Code:
<Villager id="63,1108">
        <Menu type="Merchant" id="6311080"/>
    </Villager>

<Villager id="63,1117">
    </Villager>

<!-- Allemantheia-->

Code:
<Villager id="72,1018">
    </Villager>

<Villager id="72,1162">
    </Villager>

<!-- Kaiator-->

Code:
<Villager id="84,1061">
    </Villager>

<Villager id="84,1127">
    </Villager>

BuyMenuList.xml

Code:
<Menu id="6311080" desc="Pet Shop" stringId="6311080">
        <ItemList id="6311081" stringed="6311081" />
        <ItemList id="6311082" stringed="6311082" />
    </Menu>

BuyList.xml

Code:
<List id="6311081">
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="59" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="60" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="61" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="62" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="63" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="64" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="65" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="66" />
  </List>
  <List id="6311082">
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="97" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="96" />
    <Item priceRevision="1" itemId="95" />
  </List>

DataCenter

VillagerMenu.xml

Code:
<Villager id="63,1108" />
<Villager id="63,1117" />
<Villager id="72,1018" />
<Villager id="72,1162" />
<Villager id="84,1061" />
<Villager id="84,1127" />

StrSheet_Npc.xml

Code:
<String id="6311080" string="Shop for Pets" />
 <String id="6311081" string="Pets" />
 <String id="6311082" string="Pet Training" />

StrSheet_Option.xml

Search by SMT_MENU_HOMUN and change the string to "Pet"

Code:
<String string="Pet" readableId="SMT_MENU_HOMUN" />

StrSheet_UI.xml

Search by $162001 and change the string to "Pet", then search for $162011 and change the string to "Equip pet to the slot below."

Code:
<String string="Pet" stringId="$162001" />
    <String string="Equip pet to the slot below." stringId="$162011" />

Screenshot_129 - How to Enable "Homunculus/Pet Shop" System - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all your guides are for the 32bit Tera right ? is there any benefit of using the 64bit ? only some new dungeons and performance ? I am thinking really hard about redoing everything and moving to 32bit. There are tons of mods for 32bit

Reaction score
all your guides are for the 32bit Tera right ? is there any benefit of using the 64bit ? only some new dungeons and performance ? I am thinking really hard about redoing everything and moving to 32bit. There are tons of mods for 32bit

Yeah, i dropped 100.02 version since it removed a lot of things which are present in 32 bit versions.

And since nobody shares or explain how to restore those content (like gpks etc), we have to stick to it untill some miracle appears.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, i dropped 100.02 version since it removed a lot of things which are present in 32 bit versions.

And since nobody shares or explain how to restore those content (like gpks etc), we have to stick to it untill some miracle appears.
sounds like I will have to move to 32 then rip. I really liked the improvements of the 64bit. but well time to roll back I guess shame we can't keep the improvements and the performance.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

Generally, when it comes to restoring missing models, its not hard in terms of difficulty, however what makes it not worth it is that in the 64bit, the models are so scattered that figuring out where what is and how its linked alone is a nightmare (took me a week to jsut remove 1 invisible wall....)
Also its not just models, for example the few dungeons that do not work, actually have no topology data in the server binary, so even restoring gpk's will not fix it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how can I open and fix datacenter files ? some kind of tool ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For Homun Repair change for 32 bit TERA

For Open window with keys

KeyMap add line:
Code:
<KeyDefine name="OpenHomun" command="OpenUI" parameter="HomunManager" />

KeyMapLocalized add line:
Code:
<KeyDefine name="OpenHomun" key1="Shift+H" key2="" />

Back