Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to install Zhuxian 12 classes on a fresh install of ubuntu

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Tested and working on Ubuntu 12.10

Basic Requirements

COMMAND~:apt-get update
COMMAND~:apt-get install openssh-server

Basic Tools
Putty
Winscp

Download the server Files

Download the Client

Install Java Runtime
Command:apt-get install openjdk-6-jre

Install Mysql
Command:apt-get install mysql-server

Install Apache Webserver
Command:apt-get install apache2
Command:apt-get install php5 php5-gd php5-mysql php5-pgsql php5-imap php-pear php-auth php5-ming
Command:apt-get install php5-xmlrpc php5-xsl php5-curl php5-mcrypt libapache2-mod-php5 php5-mcrypt php5-mysql
Command:apt-get install phpmyadmin

Installing Server
Once u have all that done and the server files downloaded. Use Winscp to connect to server and upload the server files to there right directory.

then once that is done open up a terminal window. and type in chmod 777 -R jd
and also chmod 777 -R /usr/rain

and theres a sql database somewhere on the forums.. ill post a link later. upload that via phpmyadmin which can be viewer by going to .

then u can start the server by just typing in ./start in the terminal window.

if you has any problems with this. leave me a message on here or pm me and i will help you.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basic Requirements

considering from those command , u must say as system os requiment ubuntu , some will try those commands on other linux os"es

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Basic Requirements

considering from those command , u must say as system os requiment ubuntu , some will try those commands on other linux os"es

we
ll notice as title says of ubuntu.... but i did also edit and put tested and fully working on ubuntu 12.10..and very simple to use as well

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really helpful, I had some problems , but norman1234 helped me , and now have working server. Really great thx!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.Use Winscp to connect to server and upload the server files to there right directory.
2.Install Xampp 1.8.1
3.Install Java Runtime Command:apt-get install openjdk-7-jre
4.update ubuntu: apt-get update

Tested and working on Ubuntu 12.10 32bit

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
if ur using ubuntu why use xampp? ubuntu has a build in mysql and apache and phpmyadmin once u install them via my guide.. no sense in installing xampp as xampp suxs.... and most the time xampp on ubuntu wont load mysql as thats its biggest issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use xampp becasue SIMPLE.

and most the time xampp on ubuntu wont load mysql as thats its biggest issue.???
/opt/lampp/lampp security => set pass

you can solve the problem :

I checked it worked very well.

p/s:I'm not good at English( I am fluent in Vietnamese)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I use xampp becasue SIMPLE.

and most the time xampp on ubuntu wont load mysql as thats its biggest issue.???
/opt/lampp/lampp security => set pass

you can solve the problem :

umm if xampp wont start mysql u cant set pass to mysql through the security.... im very good with ubuntu... no reason to install a 2nd hand program to do a programs job thats already installed. u will find that all the good devs out there wont use xampp... i run more than just a jd server...and just cause u use the redhats vm that has xampp dont mean u have to use it... and yes xampp wont start mysql in ubuntu 12.10. no matter what you do it wont start ive used all these guides and if u get it to start it wont load the database.... thats y everyone using the redhats vm has asked me to help them with server cause his files dont work on vm

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
UK .I agree with your comment.You can use one of two ways.
Note if you use xampp install ubuntu, do not install more services (tomcast 7, mysql ....) when install ubuntu on vmware.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
yeah all these server files released can use the one thats floating around here, unlike the pw ones that only reads certain ones.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It will work on an dedicated server with Ubuntu as OS? Or just with Virtual Box + Ubuntu? =/

Its mean to run on linux based os. so yes it will work on a server thats ubuntu, redhat, etc. you dont need virtual box or vmware. just dumb the server files inside ur server to correct places and follow the instructions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant join with winscp :/ i have amd phenom x4 4gb ram 3.20ghz i can have a private server? q_Q

Back