• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

how to mod sound.dat??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i would like to change the sound of the rain and missle lock anyone know how

also anyone know where i can get ace combat sounds?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
seems i cant open sound.dat with resx editor anyone know another way?

in fact i cudnt open any files with it

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There was/is a better faster way then single Ducking file by file with res-x but i dont remember what it was, or really care.. res-x WILL take a LONG TIME as there is tons of duplicate files, then those that sound like duplicates but arent if you listen closely enough then finding which ones the game is actually using.. have fun,...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
found a working res x editor and i went through some of the sounds they still have sounds from atum online

also how can fix the rain sound i found a good working sound in the res x sound .dat

Upvote 0
Back