• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I followed the instruction and cannot start the virtual machine. (The other in the image work well.)
Eperty123 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums

Try again please. Either way, you must have done something to either your vm config or the vm itself since it does that.

@Nimple
All ports forward that you need 5567,5568,6543 ? check your iptables make sure the port is open for connection.

if you run a Vm with bridged network i.e LAN based then you must use LAN connection to run client as external IP needs auth to connect to server but a LAN connection will bypass auth.

As it knows that it is a connection from within the network.

@Eperty123
I am working on other .ini files as well.

Another quick question did anyone get the HttpA oauth2 working for connection outside lan ip ? so it give Auth ?

As when im away i can still work without Remote connection ?
If you're trying to accomplish connecting outside LAN then oauth2 isn't needed. I haven't figured out how to make other people connect yet so I'm on the same boat.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I followed the instructions but I have a problem in the database and i could not run Navicat and I stopped in steps at 17-23 and if any one can do tutorial video and send it to me via pm
Thanks for all and especially Eperty123.

sorry for my bad english..

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
so far i understand currently there is no option to connect into the server from external ip only in lan?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Correct but i am looking at it but i Can not say i will have Success though ..

There may be a private one but idk.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Try again please. Either way, you must have done something to either your vm config or the vm itself since it does that."
I follow your instruction from #1 post and the setting are same like the image. I already reinstall oracle neither delete and make new vitual machine, but none of them work. Do you have any idea what lead to this problem ?

Probably because of version, what version are you using on Virtual Box ?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyone try this with external ip (outside lan) and working?

I need around 1-2 days to get server ip with new centos and will test it.

** Yes try this with lan working, login server will bypass password and you can login any id with any password to play.

Konomi
If VBox not work, try VM-Ware with bridge connection.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
"Try again please. Either way, you must have done something to either your vm config or the vm itself since it does that."
I follow your instruction from #1 post and the setting are same like the image. I already reinstall oracle neither delete and make new vitual machine, but none of them work. Do you have any idea what lead to this problem ?

Probably because of version, what version are you using on Virtual Box ?

I see. I'm using the latest version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"If VBox not work, try VM-Ware with bridge connection.ion."
I not sure how to set up with VM-Ware although i already had the software .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm able to connect (with many friends) to my remote linux vps, external ip with hex editing work perfectly.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm able to connect (with many friends) to my remoter linux server, external ip with hex editing work perfectly.

Many thanks EvilPdor for info.

Now this server working with lan and external ip.
But account that connect with lan ip will got gm privilege and can use admin command without edit db for gm.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Eperty123 Now reached step 21 with the application of all of the above but now I have some questions
How many required databases created?
After connecting to the database and a type command \i to import databases does not work with me well I hope you explained
On @Konomi try following instructions
Click the start options for the VM and pressing Headless start

Eperty123 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks for all

sorry for my bad English

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Correct but i am looking at it but i Can not say i will have Success though ..

There may be a private one but idk.

well that can be fixed easily. lemme work in at weekend

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just some random things I ran into that might help others:

Q: How many databases do I need to create?/Scripts are throwing errors:
Personally I created all 5 of them though I think itemmall2 is just a variation of itemmall, once inside psql, use these commands:
create database "FFAccount";
create database "FFDB1";
create database "FFMember";
create database "itemmall";
create database "itemmall2";

You need to use "" there otherwise, and by default, postgres lowercases them, and they become things like "ffmember", "ffaccount", etc.
Then when you \c to each of them, BEFORE you \i to import the .sqls, use this:
create extension dblink;

This is important because some of the scripts use dblink in order to gather information from the other databases in the postgres instance.

Q: I can connect to ssh but no other service/the client hangs at "logging in" forever:
This is because of iptables, which is a firewall and has some rules set from the getgo, to disable it use:
service iptables stop

Q: My vbox VM has a weird ip like 10.X.X.X/Can't even ping the vbox vm:
Vbox by default uses NAT, but from what I read, nat in vbox is a bit different from vmware's, whereas you can't reach it externally unless it is another vm inside the nat network.
So in order to use the client on the host to access it, you need to modify your network adapter for the VM to be host-only.
If you want to use a different ip (like the 192.168.1.X for the pre-configured files), you need to edit its properties in "File>Preferences...>Network>Host-only Network" on the vbox interface.

After changing those things, you might need to reboot the VM or maybe try running these:
service network restart
ifdown eth0
ifup eth0

Then check the ip using: ifconfig eth0

Q: The log files for the servers are showing an error when trying to connect to the database.
Make sure you configured the pg_hba.conf and postgres.conf as per the first post.
Also, make sure you created the user for your database, if you are using the one that comes configured on the files, it should be something like this:
create role spiritking with superuser login password 'antiroot';

You might not want to make it superuser, if so, you need to grant permissions to it on all databases like:
grant all privileges on database "FFAccount" to spiritking;

Q: I got ingame but when I go to an area or a npc speaks something, there is no text!
That is because, while the translated files come with the server package, they are not already patched by default.
You need to put the files found in the "English Translations" folder inside the "Data/db/" folder. Make sure the server is stopped.

cp -f English\ Translations/* Data/db/

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just some random things I ran into that might help others:

Q: How many databases do I need to create?/Scripts are throwing errors:
Personally I created all 5 of them though I think itemmall2 is just a variation of itemmall, once inside psql, use these commands:
create database "FFAccount";
create database "FFDB1";
create database "FFMember";
create database "itemmall";
create database "itemmall2";

You need to use "" there otherwise, and by default, postgres lowercases them, and they become things like "ffmember", "ffaccount", etc.
Then when you \c to each of them, BEFORE you \i to import the .sqls, use this:
create extension dblink;

This is important because some of the scripts use dblink in order to gather information from the other databases in the postgres instance.

Q: I can connect to ssh but no other service/the client hangs at "logging in" forever:
This is because of iptables, which is a firewall and has some rules set from the getgo, to disable it use:
service iptables stop

Q: My vbox VM has a weird ip like 10.X.X.X/Can't even ping the vbox vm:
Vbox by default uses NAT, but from what I read, nat in vbox is a bit different from vmware's, whereas you can't reach it externally unless it is another vm inside the nat network.
So in order to use the client on the host to access it, you need to modify your network adapter for the VM to be host-only.
If you want to use a different ip (like the 192.168.1.X for the pre-configured files), you need to edit its properties in "File>Preferences...>Network>Host-only Network" on the vbox interface.

After changing those things, you might need to reboot the VM or maybe try running these:
service network restart
ifdown eth0
ifup eth0

Then check the ip using: ifconfig eth0

Q: The log files for the servers are showing an error when trying to connect to the database.
Make sure you configured the pg_hba.conf and postgres.conf as per the first post.
Also, make sure you created the user for your database, if you are using the one that comes configured on the files, it should be something like this:
create role spiritking with superuser login password 'antiroot';

You might not want to make it superuser, if so, you need to grant permissions to it on all databases like:
grant all privileges on database "FFAccount" to spiritking;

Q: I got ingame but when I go to an area or a npc speaks something, there is no text!
That is because, while the translated files come with the server package, they are not already patched by default.
You need to put the files found in the "English Translations" folder inside the "Data/db/" folder. Make sure the server is stopped.

cp -f English\ Translations/* Data/db/

You don't need to name a user spiritking or antiroot, that's for the premade vm with local play only. Also the itemmall2 is for adding additional items.

For the confused people out there use the above post as template only and only apply the necessary settings you need as the settings posted are premade. If you happen to still be confused go reread my guide and hopefully that'll remove any confusion.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't need to name a user spiritking or antiroot, that's for the premade vm with local play only. Also the itemmall2 is for adding additional items.

For the confused people out there use the above post as template only and only apply the necessary settings you need as the settings posted are premade. If you happen to still be confused go reread my guide and hopefully that'll remove any confusion.

I downloaded the centos image and the server files YOU posted on this thread, the user set on the configuration files is spiritking, which is why I used that as an example (I never said you NEED that user, but you NEED A user to connect to the db, unless you set it to trust mode).

Also, while your guide is good as a general starting point, it is missing several of the additional cases I'm pointing here, which is exactly why I posted this.

EDIT: also, yes I'm running it for local play only as I never had any interest in running open servers, though even then your first post doesn't really go on about what you need to do to get the server running either.

Example: you don't even talk about the hardcoded IPs inside the binaries or inside the 2 tables, or even how to use your fix files, some people won't even know they have to replace the server files.

Another example, I for one have no idea how to even use your "lv28 blowout sale fix" file, and couldn't find any info pertaining to .ffoep files.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I downloaded the centos image and the server files YOU posted on this thread, the user set on the configuration files is spiritking, which is why I used that as an example (I never said you NEED that user, but you NEED A user to connect to the db, unless you set it to trust mode).

Also, while your guide is good as a general starting point, it is missing several of the additional cases I'm pointing here, which is exactly why I posted this.

EDIT: also, yes I'm running it for local play only as I never had any interest in running open servers, though even then your first post doesn't really go on about what you need to do to get the server running either.

Example: you don't even talk about the hardcoded IPs inside the binaries or inside the 2 tables, or even how to use your fix files, some people won't even know they have to replace the server files.

Another example, I for one have no idea how to even use your "lv28 blowout sale fix" file, and couldn't find any info pertaining to .ffoep files.

I don't see such word as "example" in your post but you shouldn't take things too hard as it is not necessary.

You can't expect ME to write every single detail of how to use your brain, if you don't know then Google is there, dammit! Also if you can't find information about the ".ffop" then I suggest you to use your brain and go through all the pages using the page navigation at the bottom right corner unless you want me to find a video for you.

---

Thank you for reading.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't see such word as "example" in your post but you shouldn't take things too hard as it is not necessary.

You can't expect ME to write every single detail of how to use your brain, if you don't know then Google is there, dammit! Also if you can't find information about the ".ffop" then I suggest you to use your brain and go through all the pages using the page navigation at the bottom right corner unless you want me to find a video for you.

---

Thank you for reading.

Really? Getting pissed off just because I posted some information about problems I ran into, which I solved myself and decided to post in case others also run into them? Wow, such a mature person we have here...

As for expecting anything from you, no I don't, and apparently nobody here should either, since you act like a jerk even towards somebody that was just trying to help others...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Really? Getting pissed off just because I posted some information about problems I ran into, which I solved myself and decided to post in case others also run into them? Wow, such a mature person we have here...

As for expecting anything from you, no I don't, and apparently nobody here should either, since you act like a jerk even towards somebody that was just trying to help others...

Oh I was pissed off? I was just telling you the truth if you can't handle that then don't try to act like you're the "mature" person here as you were clearly insulted by my post. Let's end our discussion, shall we?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I was pissed off? I was just telling you the truth if you can't handle that then don't try to act like you're the "mature" person here as you were clearly insulted by my post. Let's end our discussion, shall we?

You're such a joker... truth? can't handle it? really? hahaha
Sure I don't care about what you like to call a "discussion" when it's clearly just an excuse to try ridiculing others, others that are trying to HELP even...
No need to try "acting" like the mature person here, since that is pretty clearly the case. Your post was insulting after all.

In any case, thanks for the release...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You're such a joker... truth? can't handle it? really? hahaha
Sure I don't care about what you like to call a "discussion" when it's clearly just an excuse to try ridiculing others, others that are trying to HELP even...
No need to try "acting" like the mature person here, since that is pretty clearly the case. Your post was insulting after all.

In any case, thanks for the release...
You're welcome. Hope you like it though! ;)

Last edited:
Back