Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL

Reaction score
Welcome to a new tutorial!

in this tutorial, there is a new 'developers team' called DevEMU that released free version of their files and client for season 18.

๐…๐ˆ๐‹๐„๐’ + ๐‚๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐๐“ (update 0.0.0.2) (older version )

The rest updated you must manually add them and update
(get the last updated files below, but beware video tutorial guide files are older version)

๐’๐„๐‘๐•๐„๐‘/๐‚๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐๐“ FILES UPDATED (29.09.23 S18 PART 2 : LATEST UPDATE)

Dev Editor + VM support

DOWNLOAD WEB:
SETUP WEB:

Password for archives if there is
password: tuservermu.com.ve

(APPLY all updates, the files and replace, re-edit ip,sql pass etc to make sure everything works and runs..)

Video tutorial:

JZvIPcx - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

nRAj9ru - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

IIicNex - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

y5yoXT9 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

8O8ebaT - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

Simplified instructions to test this server (better watch the video tutorial)
Setup all vc++ redistrutables and net framework from the files package, then install mysql 5.7.41.0 (that requires you to install python 3.11.2 first and all te visual c++ redistrutables PLUS visual studio, we will use visual studio 2017.

Then you can install navicat and connect to the database, restore the database. Next step is configuring each .conf file from all the folder in the server files with your server IP and password. (in Data

Then we make sure all ports are opened: 3306,44405-44419,55501-55555,6446-6449 in TCP and UDP.

Then you can run each .exe in the server files starting with ConnectServer, then LoginServer then ServerLink and then all the GameServers.

Next step would be to create account with the DevEMU editor in the DevEditor folder, you will have to put your MySQL password after running it and save it, then click the account editor option and create an account. Now you are ready to edit in client config.cfg file with your server IP and connect. If you did everything correctly and opened ports and everything is running you should be able to connect.

NOTE: i am not sure about muonline websites connecting to MySQL database, maybe web engine can work with its open source with some modifications, but sitll that is something new to figure out!

Credits:
DevEMU, Webzen, etc..

Changelog

DevEMU said:
DEVEMU Emulator Season 18 Part 1.1
Version: 1.20.00
Protocol: KOR
Included:
- Server Files
- Client Lite
- Main
- Support Scripts: LUA Language

๏ฟฝ MYSQL SERVER
โœš Mysql Server Installation
โœš Mysql User Configuration
โœš Complete MuOnline Database Configuration

๏ฟฝ MUSERVER FILES
โœš Activation of Server Files
โœš ConnectServer Configuration
โœš DataServer Configuration

๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ GAME CLIENT
โœš Client ServerInfo Configuration
โœš ServerList Configuration

First Emulator on Mysql Database with Fast And Easy Installation

Will Be Added
Multi-Lang support
Web Support

DEVLauncher
DEVTools

๏ฟฝFree Plugins List:
โœš OffLevel System
โœš OffStore System
โœš Notice System - Notice On Item Obtain, Chaos Machine Success, Killing Monster/Player
โœš Notification System

๏ฟฝFree Customs:
โœšCustom items
โœšCustom Monsters With Custom Equipment
For bugs and such there will be updates supposedly from the developers team and i will be updating this thread with server or client patching links.
The files are also in a lets say 'Development beta stage' meaning, stability,security,bugs are possible to occur.

๐…๐€๐:
๐: Is there website for this server files?
๐€: Not that i know so far since the files are new to the mu scene, but open source websites like web engine can be surely possible to make it connect and work.

๐: Do i need visual studio 2017?
๐€: Yes but you can try installing 2015 if it takes too long for example.

๐: I have issue and random errors with running the files or client
๐€: Be sure you install all the required visual redistrutables ++ and net framework 4.5.2 and the latest + windows updates would be useful.Q: Do i have to manually update all and download the files in description?A: Yes, unless the first main link of files+client like the guide is the latest updated repack.Notes:Server is a freshly release as beta development mode, new updates will be eventually released and updated to the download links with patches.

Salute

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@KarLi

Hey Karli, you don't happen to have a link to the DevEMU website or their discord do you?

Would like to take a look at their progress

Edit: NVM found it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
---------------------------DevEMU---------------------------Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine---------------------------OK ---------------------------

There can run on an virtual machine ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi! hey i have a question related to the updates being released, is it necessary to go one by one? or is the latest one enough?

Reaction score
hi! hey i have a question related to the updates being released, is it necessary to go one by one? or is the latest one enough?
Hello,

at the moment yes, i will be making a repack of whole muserver eventually ill try end of the month so its all up to date with all tools and etc, but for now u must apply the manually.y

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi again! hey, i tried to configure everything and it seemed to be going well, but the game servers stays at 'starting db...'..connect server, server link and login server don't seem to have a problem though. any ideas? i managed to run a s16 yesterday and followed the same steps, but i named the dbs mu18_log, mu18_characters and mu18_login, could that have caused an issue? thanks!

solved! game_common.conf must have the first addresses set to 127.0.0.1
edit. oh! also, deveditor crashes everytime i press save and doesnt show the accounts created, even while saying success.

edit2. oh! and i also got an error on the link for the first update - - but not on any of the other ones. Not sure if im the only one or if im doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I change the Werewolf Quarrel place to put him near the old man in crywolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and it had an official muOnline server and it ran with sqlserverLite with the user: saI'm seeing this mysql mu, I'll take a lookan unusual question:1. Has this happened to anyone?2. what to do in this part?3. I don't want to install unnecessary things, what to choose?Does anyone answer me???
1689392004034 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

I chose these here, but I didn't find these two in the installation tool, MySql Server visual studio 2.0.5 , nor ODBC 8.0.23

1689395314399 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

1689395624845 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

1689407292866 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

Disregard this error, it occurs if you have no video card on your PC!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
and it had an official muOnline server and it ran with sqlserverLite with the user: saI'm seeing this mysql mu, I'll take a lookan unusual question:1. Has this happened to anyone?2. what to do in this part?3. I don't want to install unnecessary things, what to choose?Does anyone answer me???
View attachment 238609

I chose these here, but I didn't find these two in the installation tool, MySql Server visual studio 2.0.5 , nor ODBC 8.0.23

View attachment 238612

View attachment 238613

View attachment 238620
i did a search on google about that error (first that error has nothing to do with server files, its clearly client and ur windows issue)
for example

or maybe u must do this

or

other than that use opengl32.dll add it inside your client folder where main.exe is

u can find opengl32.dll from other season 18 clients of mu or search on the internet and find one that u can use (according to your windows 64bit or whatever)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
eu fiz uma pesquisa no google sobre esse erro (primeiro esse erro nรฃo tem nada a ver com os arquivos do servidor, รฉ claramente o problema do cliente e do seu windows)
por exemplo

ou talvez vocรช deva fazer isso

ou

diferente disso, use opengl32.dll, adicione-o dentro da pasta do cliente, onde main.exe estรก

vocรช pode encontrar o opengl32.dll de outros clientes da temporada 18 do mu ou pesquisar na internet e encontrar um que vocรช possa usar (de acordo com o seu Windows 64 bits ou qualquer outro)

yes friend i came to repair my post it's a video card error i was testing it on a pc without a video card sorry

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Karli! i followed your tut and did it.But play it by window mode not good, can you help make full screen please?
Sorry for my bad english.

Reaction score
Hello Karli! i followed your tut and did it.But play it by window mode not good, can you help make full screen please?
Sorry for my bad english.
- edit: i think you have some saved resolutions from other mu clients that are being used, other than that it looks like the launcheroption.if is the config for that

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for reply!but i dont know how to do that,anyway,i found this in client folder and tried, nothing happen
Screenshot (15) - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 18 Part 2-2] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi KarLi

In your client i want to play on Window mode, Please help me.

Thanks alot,
Have a good day Sir,

Reaction score
Hi KarLi

In your client i want to play on Window mode, Please help me.

Thanks alot,
Have a good day Sir,
this client, u might need to use minimizer setttigs from other clients and launch it, i am not familiar with thi s18 client settings, but check configs and change values in main client folder.

Back