Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 19 Part 1-1] with MySQL

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
guide by Matt2x
For those don't know how to add SubSever(s):
  1. Copy and Paste GameServer Folder
  2. Rename the Copied GameServer Folder into GamerServer_Sub Folder or whatever you want to rename it
  3. In the GameServer_Sub Folder open gamerserver.conf, change the GameServer.Code = 1 and Game.ServerType = 1 (Non-PvP) and 0 (PvP)
  4. Open or Run the GameServer.exe in GameServer_Sub and you have a SubServer

beware of false positive virus cuz of its cracked tool but probably will do the job
Been a while since I played. Why would we need a tool to edit the movereq.bmd again? Was that the file that controlled the levels required to get into each map?

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not sure what you are refering to,where did i mention movereq.bmd ?
You replied to someone asking for an editor for movereq.bmd and others for season 19 :) You gave them a link, I was just trying to ask (since I forget) what movereq.bmd was even for. I was trying to remember and had the sudden thought it was maybe the level gates for maps/teleport and wanted to ask to confirm. :)

Reaction score
You replied to someone asking for an editor for movereq.bmd and others for season 19 :) You gave them a link, I was just trying to ask (since I forget) what movereq.bmd was even for. I was trying to remember and had the sudden thought it was maybe the level gates for maps/teleport and wanted to ask to confirm. :)
Ah.
Yes movereq is for maps list
but in new seasons with lang.mpr its inside lang.mpr
as movereq.txt

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do I still need to open ports if I'm running only locally off my PC? And do I still need to use loopback adapter like older versions? I'm just wanting to run around like old times and host it off a PC and play on the same machine. I've followed the video and used my local wi-fi 192.168 connection but the GS doesn't get beyond 'starting DB'.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I configured the server locally, I did not open the ports, although it is not difficult to open them. Regarding the error, in my opinion, the IP should be carefully checked again.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I configured the server locally, I did not open the ports, although it is not difficult to open them. Regarding the error, in my opinion, the IP should be carefully checked again.
It's definitely the correct IP. 192.168.20.9 is the ipv4 for my wi-fi connection. It's used in the config files where required in the tutorial video. The connectserver, loginserver, and serverlink all start up after 'Starting DB'. The gameserver just sits stuck there at Starting DB. It's the only part where it gets stuck. It never gets to 'gameserver ready' or anything. I also tried switching them all to 192.168.56.1 which is the ethernet connection and that didn't work either, but given I'm not actually using that connection, it was more just to eliminate the option, haha.

1711178318875 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 19 Part 1-1] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Do I still need to open ports if I'm running only locally off my PC? And do I still need to use loopback adapter like older versions? I'm just wanting to run around like old times and host it off a PC and play on the same machine. I've followed the video and used my local wi-fi 192.168 connection but the GS doesn't get beyond 'starting DB'.
i doubt u need loopback adapter or anything like that, for me on my personal PC as shown in my tutorial everything works fine if u did the exact things i did on the guide it should have run like mine (windows 10)

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i doubt u need loopback adapter or anything like that, for me on my personal PC as shown in my tutorial everything works fine if u did the exact things i did on the guide it should have run like mine (windows 10)
Strange. Windows 11 here. Only other thing different is I use AMPPS with phpmyadmin for managing the MySql DB, but it's still the same 3306 port. It's only the gameserver not going past "Starting DB"... I guess I'll keep looking.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Amazing files. Even without much experience with MU Servers (I'm a web/Nodejs developer) I was able to setup the server easily. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed that in the client, the IP for connection and other information are easily accessible through the config.ini file. Is there a way to hide this information?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Many thanks for the share. I'll be trying this one out. Also a bit dumb to ask maybe lewl but any known bugs so far? if not I guess I'll just snoop around.

It's definitely the correct IP. 192.168.20.9 is the ipv4 for my wi-fi connection. It's used in the config files where required in the tutorial video. The connectserver, loginserver, and serverlink all start up after 'Starting DB'. The gameserver just sits stuck there at Starting DB. It's the only part where it gets stuck. It never gets to 'gameserver ready' or anything. I also tried switching them all to 192.168.56.1 which is the ethernet connection and that didn't work either, but given I'm not actually using that connection, it was more just to eliminate the option, haha.

View attachment 258399
I had the same issue as you and it's the sql version, you should probably try and just install 5.7.4X or find a docker compose that has it like I did.

Well. It works.
1711526641837 - How to Setup MuOnline Server [Season 19 Part 1-1] with MySQL - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello there! I was looking around about a similar question and didn't find a answer. I managed to follow all your steps but in the end got kindda stuck when i tried to connect from a different pc (with a different enthernet connection) and the client just disconnects. I added the ports in firewall(on serv pc) as a inbound rule and also added each .exe you need to run to start the server to inbound. what am i doing wrong.
I have to say everything works fine on the same pc with the serv (as a solo local serv), which i thank you for!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello there! I was looking around about a similar question and didn't find a answer. I managed to follow all your steps but in the end got kindda stuck when i tried to connect from a different pc (with a different enthernet connection) and the client just disconnects. I added the ports in firewall(on serv pc) as a inbound rule and also added each .exe you need to run to start the server to inbound. what am i doing wrong.
I have to say everything works fine on the same pc with the serv (as a solo local serv), which i thank you for!
You probably need to be connected in the same network somehow, like that other PC needs to be in the same 192.168.x.x router; or otherwise it prolly won't be possible unless your network provider supports you having open ports.

By the way, does anyone know how to change the resolution of the client? The scripts .reg files I found don't work at all.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You probably need to be connected in the same network somehow, like that other PC needs to be in the same 192.168.x.x router; or otherwise it prolly won't be possible unless your network provider supports you having open ports.

By the way, does anyone know how to change the resolution of the client? The scripts .reg files I found don't work at all.
go to Client/ LauncherOption.if
Change the Number from 0-10

Edit:

I'm still looking for a way to set wcoin, unfortunately I couldn't find it in the editor or with navicat (noting in accounts or charracter_info)

Attachments

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for the share. I'll be trying this one out. Also a bit dumb to ask maybe lewl but any known bugs so far? if not I guess I'll just snoop around.

I had the same issue as you and it's the sql version, you should probably try and just install 5.7.4X or find a docker compose that has it like I did.

Well. It works.
View attachment 258679
Thanks for confirming! Yeah, I'll do that now. Interesting that it's not compatible with newer versions, wonder how they're connecting to the DB. I'd have assumed they'd go something agnostic so it would work regardless of DB version and type. Oh well, I'll just downgrade :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello. Please tell me how to create items with DVTools.

Reaction score
hello. Please tell me how to create items with DVTools.
in dv tols go to settings of the tool and insert your item.txt from the server files
then it should be able to show u items in editor and when you editor character inventory/vault you can add.

if that u cant, then use gm command like /item and learn to make items directly commands list is at \Files\Data\Commands\commands.xml

Back