Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how to understand dat files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are there people who can help me figure out the encryption methods and keys that are used for client dat files?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’ll start by telling everyone what I already know:
item.dat - contains paths to dds icons of items and (links with id lines of item description, its name, and so on from the item.string file)

it was not difficult to guess that at the very bottom of the item.dat file there are 3 tables in the .slk format that are not encrypted, you can select them and copy them to notepad and save as “slk” (demonstration in the screenshots)
tablestart - how to understand dat files - RaGEZONE Forums
table_end - how to understand dat files - RaGEZONE Forums
table3 from item.dat - how to understand dat files - RaGEZONE Forums

For example, I find in the item.string file such an item as "Heracles' Mail (Soul+)"
its string id = 10175 , if we convert the value to hexadecimal we get "27BF"
file_item_stri - how to understand dat files - RaGEZONE Forums

you can find it in item.dat by opening hexeditor and entering the value into the search by swapping the bits (that is, we are looking for BF27)
search for an item in item_dat - how to understand dat files - RaGEZONE Forums

be prepared for the fact that initially it will find values that we don’t need, we are interested in the area where there is a UI/Icon path
IconClientFolder - how to understand dat files - RaGEZONE Forums

We check whether the string id we found in item.dat corresponds to the item we were looking for. in the folder Client\UI\Icon\equip
As we see everything is correct. We can change both the string id and the path to the dds icon

With slk.dat the situation is similar. Now a question for the experts, is there a way to understand which file the sections with paths to dds belong to? Is there any information about the rest of the data that is stored here. I wanted to at least define the delimiters correctly in order to duplicate lines for further modification without breaking the file structure ??? Please respond if anyone knows. There is no need for me to hint that Necros has already written a program that reads this (unfortunately, there is no connection with him, he does not respond to either Skype or Discord)

P.S. Sorry for my English, I communicate through a translator

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
same situation, i'm trying decryp but can not. please connect with me if u want :
disco: shjno190
--we can talk about this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
same situation, i'm trying decryp but can not. please connect with me if u want :
disco: shjno190
--we can talk about this.
I sent you a message on Skype and a request on Discord

Back