• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

HTML 5 Java CMS & Server? RIP FLASH

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, sense flash is leaving soon in 2020 i'm guessing everyones moving to HTML 5 with java emulators?

I am just trying to figure out what shall i do next? i am still using Flash on my current hotel and am looking to switch over sense Flash will stop working December 21st 2020.

I seen a couple of HTML 5 Habbo projects but none seem to be anywhere near finished if i'm correct?

What shall I do to move forward in the retro community?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If there are no functional alternatives, you could wait and see if they make progress or somebody starts with a server for the Unity client. Or you could also start with a new client yourself, but with the time left that's not an option for your retro. You could start with it anyway if you have time.

What I guess is gonna happen in short term is that soon retros are gonna make you install an alternative browser until they can make use of the new client/alternative ones, so I would wait until near the death of flash and then display a warning about needing an alternative browser, for now.

Upvote 0
Back