• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[html] Website

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok i know how to code etc but this is new to me and im unsure of how to do it or what its called.

In my main text space i have an Iframe, but i dont want an iframe i want something that extends the whole website down and im not sure how to do it or what its called. If someone can link me to a TuT or just give me what its called. Im unsure of how to describe it, so if you ask and ill say yes or no

Cheers

EDIT: an ok example would be this, then go onto the Services page, i want it so that the whole layout extends so i dont have to scroll

Reaction score
First, download Firebug. [google it]

After that,
Right click on the element in firefox and click Inspect Element.
That's how you find out what something is.

Second, it is an iFrame, on that site. It's a stupid iFrame with innerHTML, but an iFrame indeed.

Third, iFrames suck. You don't want to use an iFrame, good.

Fourth, lastly: You can do it with a simple table or Div:

Code:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1">
<tr>
  <td>
    Insert Text, Sir.
  </td>
</tr>
</table>

Code:
<div style="position:relative;width:300px">
Insert Text, Sir.
</div>

Most elements in HTML expand automatically. If you want an inner scroll-bar, use a div. But it won't expand.

This div is set to scroll on overflow:
Code:
<div style="position:relative;width:300px;height:250px;overflow:scroll">
Text Here, Sir.
</div>

Any questions?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Remember one thing : iFrames = Satan for xHtml.
You will have a lighter and better website even by using divs / tables w/ css and making one page for each thing you need , than w/ using iframes, really.

Reaction score
Seriously though, just download a WysGui for your PHP/MySQL 5 site. Then you only have to worry about the HTML template & style-sheet once or a few times maybe for unique pages. Real coders use WysGui or Notepad++.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How about using Notepad itself? I personally think Notepad is the best for it is simple and isn't hard to code with it. Well that's just my opinion actually, and I've been using the said program since I was new in coding or scripting and such.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Notepad++ has some nice features like FTP synchronization, tabs and syntax highlighting

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Html is easy [OPINION]

Ima learn PHP soon

Idk where from?

Back