• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I follow this tutorial, but no image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I follow it, connect hdmi-hdmi, turn it on, go onto hdmi but no image on my tv?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I bought it for £8 but it was in the plastic which has to be cut open, ive got the reciept, can i still send it back

Its fine connecting to my laptop and my tv..

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I bought it for £8 but it was in the plastic which has to be cut open, ive got the reciept, can i still send it back

Its fine connecting to my laptop and my tv..
You could just try taking it back, but there might be nothing wrong with it. Maybe you're going to the wrong AV channel on your TV or something simple like that.

Also, I've read online that there is literally no difference in quality between a £1 HDMI cable and a £10 HDMI cable because the signal is digital and of course you will learn in science lessons digital is just signal 0 or 1, whereas analog is a wave which can get interference.

Things are normally cheaper online than in shops ;)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Like you were told in other thread you started...your HDMI cable is bad...you can continue asking till you get the answer you want to hear...but if you want us to lie to you...just tell us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Theres only 1 hdmi channel, and my laptop works on that, when i unplug it from my laptop then plug it in to my xbox it doesnt work, is it because the old av adapter is pluged in to the tv but not the xbox

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Theres only 1 hdmi channel, and my laptop works on that, when i unplug it from my laptop then plug it in to my xbox it doesnt work, is it because the old av adapter is pluged in to the tv but not the xbox
I saw your other thread though and you said there is some discolouration in the picture? As Monolith said, you have a bad HDMI cable so you should order a new one.

I gave the eBay link for a cheap one up there but here is an Amazon one too if you don't like eBay:

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
If it works with your laptop then the problem isn't with the cable it is with your xbox.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Laptop works fine on it's screen...hook up the cable and it works but the colors are all screwed up...

Hooks up the XBox and nothing...

Common item: HDMI Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back