Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I have chickenpox

Reaction score
So yea, im 17 years old and i have chickenpox. it gets worse when you get older.

I thought i had a light version, but when i woke up this morning my whole face was spotted and my back and chest.

and im going insane... since i cant scratch them because i do not want scars
the itching is driving me crazy

HELP ME

PS: i already had this bath but it doesnt help.

help help help help meeeee

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Had it when I was 16, couldn't fit a pin between my spots :'(, ooze and poop, was insane.

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how long did the itching last?

The whole time I had it until they started to scab, DO NOT ITCH THEM OMG, I used to press my body against a freezing cold wall to atleast numb the itching, nothing ever worked to stop it.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Damn man that sucks to hear :\ Have you tried looking at the Wiki article related to Chickenpox? Here is what they list for treatment;

Varicella treatment mainly consists of easing the symptoms as there is no actual cure of the condition. Some treatments are however available for relieving the symptoms while the immune system clears the virus from the body. As a protective measure, patients are usually required to stay at home while they are infectious to avoid spreading the disease to others. Also, sufferers are frequently asked to cut their nails short or to wear gloves to prevent scratching and to minimize the risk of secondary infections.

The condition resolves by itself within a couple of weeks but meanwhile patients must pay attention to their personal hygiene.[33] The rash caused by varicella zoster virus may however last for up to one month, although the infectious stage does not take longer than a week or two.[34]

Although there have been no formal clinical studies evaluating the effectiveness of topical application of calamine lotion, a topical barrier preparation containing zinc oxide and one of the most commonly used interventions, it has an excellent safety profile.[35] It is important to maintain good hygiene and daily cleaning of skin with warm water to avoid secondary bacterial infection.[36] Scratching may also increase the risk of secondary infection.[37]

Acetaminophen (paracetamol) but not aspirin may be used to reduce fever. Aspirin use by someone with chickenpox may cause the serious, sometimes fatal disease of the liver and brain, Reye syndrome. People at risk of developing severe complications who have had significant exposure to the virus may be given intra-muscular varicella zoster immune globulin (VZIG), a preparation containing high titres of antibodies to varicella zoster virus, to ward off the disease.[38][39]

[edit]Children
If oral acyclovir is started within 24 hours of rash onset it decreases symptoms by one day but has no effect on complication rates. Use of acyclovir therefore is not currently recommended for immunocompetent individuals (i.e., otherwise healthy persons without known immunodeficiency or on immunosuppressive medication). Children younger than 12 years old and older than one month are not meant to receive antiviral medication if they are not suffering from another medical condition which would put them at risk of developing complications.[40]

Treatment of chickenpox in children is aimed at symptoms while the immune system deals with the virus. With children younger than 12 years cutting nails and keeping them clean is an important part of treatment as they are more likely to scratch their blisters more deeply than adults.[41]

Aspirin is highly contraindicated in children younger than 16 years as it has been related with a potentially fatal condition known as Reye's syndrome.[42]

Some parents believe that it is better for children to contract chickenpox than to get the vaccine, and deliberately expose their children to the virus, sometimes by taking them to "chickenpox parties." Some doctors counter that children are safer getting the vaccine, which is a weakened form of the virus, than getting the disease, which can be fatal.[43]

Goodluck getting over this and hope it doesn't get worse.

Reaction score
I did suggest it, witch.

Anyway, I've had chickenpox twice actually, once when I was little and also a few years ago. I itched the duck out of them but got a max of 1 scar.

I think you mightve had a different disease the second time.. since your body will be immune after the first time :O

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
They say you should rub old man's semen on it. Doubt it helps with the itch but man, then you'd be covered in spots AND semen! Think of all the luls you'll get!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
They say you should rub old man's semen on it. Doubt it helps with the itch but man, then you'd be covered in spots AND semen! Think of all the luls you'll get!

This is so hilarious!!!

Anyways, I had chickenpox when I was 7... I'm just lying on my bed during that time 'cause I also have fever at the same time... Good thing it was summer vacation... ^^

Last edited:
Back