Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I need all of your help

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2 of my close friends father went into hospital on Wednesday to what they thought was a stroke. Turns out it was a tumor on his brain.

He went to John Radcliffe and had a 6 hour operation to remove the mass, but now they have 10 days to wait and find out if it is cancerous.

They also have a long recovery to find out if he can speak, play guitar or paint again.

Please post any thoughts and kind words you have.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It saddens me to hear that such a tragic event had happened to people , especially this time of the year. I hope the best for them and I hope for a speedy recovery. My prayers are with them.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you all. He is doing well. In pain, but alive and feeling better.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yo Becks that awesome news!

Sorry I'm posting so late! Surely this is the best case scenario right now, out of hospital in time for the new year, recovery at home is always a good sign.

Well as long as the mass wasn't cancerous, but the best thing to do is celebrate with friends until they find out.
I'm hoping the mass remains a mass.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The biopsy came back. He has an aggressive form of cancer and has 9 - 18 months to live :(

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The biopsy came back. He has an aggressive form of cancer and has 9 - 18 months to live :(

I saw your post in Spamzilla. It saddens me that it's got to such an extent. I'm not sure what I can do but I certainly feel for him.

If he really does have 9-18 months, tell him to make the most of it. Start something like a bucketlist. I made one myself just in case such a thing happens to me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
5% of people with this cancer survive for 5 years, so hopefully his stubbornness will pay off :)

Reaction score
It's a sad thing to hear and it would be even sadder for close friends/family. Unfortunately there's only so much you can do, but to be there and support him, and your friends in such a time. It's a poop feeling knowing you can't do anything, not in the sense of being there and helping them, but knowing you can't do anything to just fix things; even with all the money in the world you just can't buy health and prosperity. My prayers are with you, the family and the father. My deepest thoughts will be with you all, keep us posted.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear this. My roommate's grandpa is in a similar situation. He was given like 6 months, but that was over a year ago now. (Lung cancer).

Seeing my roommate deal with the fact his grandpa was dying was hard for me, he hasn't ever lost anyone before. In some ways I thought it would be easier on him if happened quickly instead of drawn out, because the anticipation isn't good. Now I think it is better this way, you know what is going to happen, you don't know exactly when, but it gives you a chance to say the things you meant to say, and do things and spend time with them. And it puts things into perspective, sure makes the little stuff meaningless and makes you appreciate what you have more. It isn't great to see someone in pain though, and I know that is weighing on everyone.

So I wish the best in your case. Time for all to accept and celebrate his life, and for him not too much pain.

Reaction score
Still holding out hopes that he lives comfortably and with those that love him surrounding him for as long as possible.
Stubborn attitudes win in my book. Goes a long way if you can keep fighting the good fight, even when it is hard to do.
Best wishes to him and everyone in his life.

Back