• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I need criticism from RZ's geeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, I've just created some kind of art for a possible customer.

The theme is..potato. lol.

But, I have to pass a fire test in order to work with him... He ...lol, how can I say this..
I had to make a ..sexy potato, lol.

Yes, a sexy potato.. name her and so on ..

Well, with all that being said, he's not a creative guy..not a really good guy when it comes to colors and design thingies.. like most of the RZ's geeks ( No offense guys, you have your place in the world, thank you for developing us designer tools and such things, thanks..but designers have their place too so..again, no offense).

Here's the potato:
[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...veryone visits this section, sorry :)[/I][/B]

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you define a "geek", because I'm pretty sure that you don't know what a geek is. And you probably wont get any serious critique when you call the entire community a bunch of "geeks".

The image is bad, and you should feel bad! No really, I don't see anything unique. It's a potato with a random face.

Also this belongs in the portfolio section.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell is this?

The potato is nothing unique, looks like something that would appear in spongebob though o_o

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice answer but I got a question though:

As a Moderator of the forum You Should Actually Take his topic, and move it in to the right section.

All moderators got assigned their sections, you can see the sections moderators in the bottom of every section - as you may see, I'm not assigned to this section.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

As a Moderator of the forum You Should Actually Take his topic, and move it in to the right section.

Seems like we have a badass over here that doesn't know what he's talkin bout:scared:

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The addon features must have taken a while to do.
They look nice to me.

I like the colors chosen as well.
Good job! :closedeyes:

Reaction score

crappy answer from a smartass who thinks he knows everything, but i have a statement though:

As a simple member of this forum, you have no place to be telling the mods what to do. Additionally, each mod has powers only within the section they moderate, they can move things out of their section but not into it.

@OP: I don't know what that is. I sure as hell hope he isn't paying you to do this. It's a potato with a face put on it, and not a "Sexy" one at that either.

googlenooble - I need criticism from RZ's geeks. - RaGEZONE Forums
The image is bad, and you should feel bad! No really

How about you actually type your response rather than just copy + pasting things others have said?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Moved to portfolio. But I left you a week redirect in outerworld.

Art is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm not sure what you're after, I wouldn't pay for that either..
I don't think that's very 'sexy'. Maybe some pouty red lips, some nicer more feminine eyes or something ?

Reaction score
This potato is everything ... but sexy. Even my first try "cute monster" entry for DeviantART was better :

At least it has a female feeling ...

It's not.

Madison, you're right, I was concerning about the eyes too.

@Sublime .. What did you expect to see on a potato ?.. I don't think that you can ..make something epic out of a potato.

@Improved Thanks man, you sure look smart telling me what I know and what I don't, thanks.. I guess you know better than me for sure..
like most of the RZ's geeks MOST OF RZ's geeks..didn't say RZ's members.. know the difference, please.
I don't know how many are, just .. surely there are.. So why are you attacking me so roughly? It's not like I insulted anyone..

And I guess that.. everyone thinks the same as me, being a geek is super-awesome and great, so I think that I didn't offend anyone..but If I did, feel free to edit my post :)

@Rish Hell no, I wouldn't pay for this either.
It's a potato..well.. He just wanted to see how I apply effects on it, what colors I use and what elements I use on it..
Thanks for the feedback.

//Edit: Know why I asked the geeks specially? Because that guy is one too (After talking to him a lot)..So, most of the geeks think the same..
I showed this to two well-known designers on the freelancing world and they've said it is awesome (The effects used on it and the shapes) .. So, opinions are not shared, everyone thinks different...but "classes" of the 'internet society' tend to think almost totally different about a thing.. See ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The potato needs some lingerie. Give it sexy legs and put a maid outfit on it or something.

Just some thoughts.

It needs to be more than a potato with girl eyes. It needs more characteristics of a sexy woman. Not just eyes.

Reaction score
Moldor said:
I don't think that you can ..make something epic out of a potato.

Maybe he can. Frankly , just throwing words around "you dumb people" , "i doubt you can do better" , makes me think you are a ego freak. Tell me , why did you come to a MMORPG paradise , instead of DeviantART for a critique? Becuase there they don't give a sh1t about that potato , nor about your artistic skills.

It been told you over 5 posts here , which you gracelly responded the same way , that potato is ugly. IT doesn't even come close to a "sexy" , nor "female" concept.

What the hell is that white thing on the lips? Is that sopposed to be teeth? Than where are the lips? Is that the gloss? Why is it so white and weird? , 1 eye big , and one eye small , plus the reflection on one eye is on one side , the other is in the other direction. Did you see ANY reflection that goes in the opposite way next to each other , especially when it comes to eyes? Literary everything made by you? Besides the eyelashes , and shape of the mouth , NOTHING is made by you. You used a brush or vector for the sunshine , you used a pattern , you used a potato , and you used a font , which none is made by you.

By the way people , before you start copyrighting stuff , take a look at the content you used. Using others RENDER , and fonts , and c4d's , and textures , and you combine them , does not give you full rights and credits to everything.

So please , before you downgrade everyone else's artistic skill ... go learn yourself how to be an "artist".

Oh , oh , and if you don't believe that anyone can do better around here , send me your "client" , I'll do him better for FREE!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the PSD..You expert ^_^
Jelly much ?

The potato is made by me, its shape.. The texture is only taken >.>

Hahaha, even the pattern is made by me.

No C4D was used, only one texture (Duh, a potato..) I made the starburst..it's really easy..takes..what, 20 seconds ?

Took me 4 years to master this..

Dude making the pattern is literally so easy, you just make a 4x4 pixel and then put something into it..and it repeats itself ^_^

I've made lots of patterns, it's easy.. Again, where do you see c4ds?.
The "red" effect was made by me, silly <3

It probably is ugly by in the eyes of a class, I just wanted to see what "techy-programming guys" say about it, why so much hate ?..

Beside the texture and font (Now seriously dude, who makes his own fonts?.. I never met a designer/illustrator that makes his own fonts just for one thing.. My mistake, I now see..sorry) everything was done by me ..

You can also achieve that too, if you train hard..

Now, my thougts about designers on RZ:

There's only one great designer on RZ, the rest don't even know how to use typography/elements to make their things look great..it's that guy who designs WoW Websites and logos (He's awesome, really..).

Probably you can do it better, I don't know..but it's not about what you can do, it's about what I've done :)

Stop rage-rushing into things.

Never said : "You can't do it better, lol..what are you reading ?
I don't think that you can ..make something epic out of a potato. <--
This was not redirected to him, meant to say everyone.. thought it is understood like that..it'd be awfully stupid for me to say this.He's not a designer..

Here's the PSD:

I'm waiting for your "Sorry, I'm just not good enough and i'm too jealous to think that somebody's better than me".

//Edit: Check every single layer in the PSD.. you'll see that everything is made by me..except for the font, yes.

I spent a lot of time on this..so, I expected it to look really good (The effects).
I'm not attacking you, I'm just proving that I'm right and that is my work ..

Even the most known.. (look at 1stwebdesigner, psdtuts, abduzeedo - Interviews and see what designers say about resources) use some "outer" resources.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
heh kinda locks like chuck noris :) my ideea but i dont fore what u need critiques ?:S coze its art and its well done and its depending to peapoles choice in ard if they like it ore no :+

Reaction score
Hey there Keez!

I needed critiques from a special class of the internet..
As the guy I'm submitting this to is part of this class :)
And it would help me out knowing what this class likes.. see ?

I didn't put it on DA just because there are good designers who will defenetely appreciate it and there's no point, the guy's not a designer.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ok so ur making somthing fore a geek ore ?:S well of thats so i belive its ok it has a doze of fun and its simple :+ add some cool glases :D and its ok

if i didnt understand corectly "excuze moi"

Reaction score
It's ok, I'm working on it already.

@Mucski..
Still waiting for your response :)
Can't see why you're hating, I'm a professional working with lots of coding teams and as a freelancer (Not too succesful, errr..).
But it's ok to feel a little bit inferior, I've trained hard for almost 4 years now, that's the result.
It may not look complete but the effects used on it and everything was developed by me, never looked at a tutorial..never.

So, here are the advantages of "working alone".

Reaction score
Waiit.. you are professional? Then why do I only see a waaay to gold potato with some weird black glow behind it (that probably should look like shadow or whatever) and some sun rays or .... srsly, you do not need any skills for this. Go make something you need to have as much skills for, as you are saying you have.

Reaction score
:) Trust me, you do ..

If it's just so easy.. and you seem to know how to make it, then ..do it.

Here's your big mistake : A thing doesn't have to be hard to make in order to be professiona/good/nice.

Here's an example:

It's simple, you could say it was made by a kid, but it's ..purely awesome.
Or this:

I can make such thing in less than one hour, it's simple..but it's awesome:)

It may look simple from outside, like a web-layout.. but the work that's been put into it is a hard work.

You people are wrong, sorry. I know I'm right so I'm gonna go with my point of view to death.

You need skils for everything you make as a designer, doesn't matter if it's fast or slow..

An artwork doesn't have to be full of crap elements or hard to make in order to be a professional artwork or a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back