• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I need help with my server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just gotta say that this forum is freaking awesome, and i been reading around a bit and decided to try to make a RO server, i played the game a few times but never really thought about making a server. I been following F.O.X, guide on how to make one and i hit some problems. i'll be glad if anyone can help.

First problem:

F.O.X guide told me to find the sql files main, log, and mail. problem was i could only find a sql file named convert_mail. I guessed he wanted me to open that one and i did, but i got a error.
DangoDangoDango - I need help with my server. - RaGEZONE Forums

ps. Does it matter when i execute some of them? also does it matter if im highlighting anything else?

Second problem:

This isn't a big problem but i simply just don't understand something. F.O.X said "1. Extract FullDATAv3 to your RO(Gravity) folder so you have a data folder in your RO folder." does that mean he wants me to rename the fulldate_v3 folder that is extracted to data?

Inquiry:
This is a pic of me starting my runserver.sql... just wanted to let you see if there is something i should be aware of.

third problem (i think this was my bad):

Well i copied that xray hexed client, i extracted it to my RO folder and it said if it wanted to overwrite the data folder, so i did. I clicked on it and it said something like " Sakray has changed" , then i clicked it again and when Ragnarok online open all the letters were in a foreign language, i was like hmm.. this is not right.. but i tried anyways to login with user: ragnarok, password : ragnarok. A message poped up saying "NO MSG". I have been also thinking that maybe i should have edited the client with a hex editor, just like how i made my maplestory server, i have no clue so i decided not to touch it.

I know i think i made a very BIG mistake somewhere , but please no flaming ( no matter how obvious my mistake is :eek:tt1:). Thanks in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The login interface files aren't translated into english so it'll say NO MESSAGE, whenever you're loading instead of Loading...Please Wait, just find a translated pack and it should fix that problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, thats one problem down.. even when its not translated shouldn't i be able to log in? because when i try to login i wait for about 25minutes.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
you cant login as ragnarok ragnarok because it is a super user S
you will need to create an account in the DB
also, for the SQL files, try redownloading and extracting, you might've encountered an error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i redownloaded the eathena... no good, i still can't find a mail.sql. Can anyone link me a correct one? Also i made a normal account, no good either.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mail.sql isn't important, rename the folder to data, and the simplest explanation about why you can't connect is because you didn't edit your sclientinfo.xml in the data folder.

PS. This forum sucks, is where you want to be for Ragnarok servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i renamed it to data, and my sclientinfo looks like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?>
<clientinfo>
<servicetype>korea</servicetype>
<servertype>sakray</servertype>
<connection>
<display>YOUR SERVER DISPLAY NAME HERE</display>
<desc>None</desc>
<address>192.168.1.105</address>
<port>6900</port>
<version>20</version>
<langtype>8</langtype>
<registrationweb></registrationweb>
<aid><admin></admin></aid>
</connection>
</clientinfo>

Now i get that rejected server thing, funny thing is i only get rejected when i try to make a new character. TIME to research!!! thanks for the link.. i'll be busy reading stuff for days now =D

I fixed that by making the id 2000001, wierd though.. Now i ran into another wall. It says it failed to connect to server. i'm gonna look around but if anyone is willing to point in the right direction i would be very thankful.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's just how the game is, had the same problem because I forgot about it. Failed to connect to server is usually a misconfiguration in the conf files with the ip's and such. I can't be sure but it looks like you're using a LAN IP instead of a WAN IP. Go to and check if it's the same as the one you used.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yea i been using my LAN ip for most of it, does that mean i have to replace all the ips with my WAN or just some?

i used WAN for all of them and this is what i get

Well i tried this configuration of WAN/IP and i get no error message but i still can't log in:

Char Athena:
// Login Server IP
// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.
// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on
// a machine with multiple interfaces.
login_ip: 192.168.1.105

// Character Server IP
// The IP address which clients will use to connect.
// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.
char_ip: 99.237.223.0

Map Athena:

// Character Server IP
// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.
// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on
// a machine with multiple interfaces.
char_ip: 192.168.1.105

// Map Server IP
// The IP address which clients will use to connect.
// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.
map_ip: 99.237.223.0

Subnet Athena
// Subnet support file
// Format is:
// subnet: net-submask:char_ip:map_ip
// you can add more than one subnet

subnet: 255.255.255.0:192.168.1.105:192.168.1.105

(ps. you think because i have hamachi installed (not running btw) that it will affect anything?) Sorry for so much questions.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I doubt that hamachi would do anything to it. But that error is a connection refused error. I'm not very good with setting up servers on a personal computer, since I always use dedi's. They always seem to have never ending problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well im very thankful for your help, hopefully someone may stumble across this thread and figure out the problem. I really want to start customizing my server.

Sigh.. well i forwarded all my ports, tried different combinations of LAN ip and WAN ip configurations. The closest i got was creating a character, then when i try to log inside the RO world.. it says failed to connect. Worst thing about this is that IM so close..or i think i am. If anyone got any insight i would love for you to share.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Edit]
Wait a second, in your first post you had everything configured properly (well, I don't see anything wrong in it).
Does your mapserver throw anything back at you when you try logging in?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What client version and svn server files are you using?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol. Check the screenshots.

Server - SVN Revision 13659
Client - kROsakexe0528aN[Xray]

I'm guessing anyways.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm too lazy lol. And that's not the client, just the exe. I want to know which version of rag and sar he installed.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Dango
Try Using Other Client...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@NOOBMS you mind linking me one? im at my friends house with a terrible connection (it took 20 minutes to load the forums...).

the version of RAG AND SAK im using is 1210.

@idola Yea i know it seemed to work, just i didn't rename my fulldata_v3 to data (IM A NOOB ...). Even after that it just gave me a failed connection or a rejected from server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sakray 2009-03-25 -
Ragnarok 2009-03-25 -

Use those, I tried 1210, and the server files you had and could never get it to work, switched to these and had no problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright thanks man, you been VERY helpful. ill try those now. one problem though that the RAG and SAK links dont work. Nevermind i found the links myself.

I'm sorry to report that my server still doesn't work, i have both SAK AND RAG 0325, and that 13610-trunk-sql. I tried different combinations of LAN ip and WAN ip. I need someone to clearly explain where i put my LAN ip or my WAN ip. Or if i can just use my LAN ip for everything. I'm sorry if i sound desperate but it doesn't make any sense to why it keeps rejecting me or failing to connect if the command prompts don't show any error.

i also have come across another problem while trying to fix the server, i have no clue what this means.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone mind posting or uploading their server files so i may check what i have done wrong?(sorry for the double post... forgot to press edit)

Back