Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I school the key to happiness/success?

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling through school right now. Not because I'm stupid, I think? Haha. But because I have no interest in it, it's not that hard, and it is meant to be accessible to every average student anyway. The more I grow the more I ask myself is it something really necessary?

Of course it is primordial for a child to be educated, up until 16 years old at least, that's why in France it's obligated for a child to have a scholarship until 16 years old.

But did the society we've all created fooled me into thinking you need a degree to be successful in life? I'm currently studying economics in which I show almost no interest at all, cause what I've been learning has no real information for what my job will most likely be, a business man, managing my father's businesses when he'll give them to my siblings and myself.

What I'm really asking is, is it just an option like any other option in life (to choose to be educated enough to find a job, and be qualified), or is it something you MUST do to succeed in life? Because so far, living in France has taught me "If you drop out of school you'll end up dealing pot" and made me feel like school is something you must achieve, as if a human being was programmed and commanded to do so (i hope you get my point).
Living in the Philippines (I lived here as much as I lived in France) taught me "school will most likely lead you to success, but after getting a degree employers might be seeking for experienced people" but made me feel as if WORK and dedication is really the key to success.

I just want to seek for opinions, I hope no one will go all nutballs on this post :lol:

ps: I don't intend for this thread to be a debate, but a seek for opinions. If it turns into a debate, then just move it to the debate section.

Reaction score
I'd suggest getting as much education at a young age as you can, as it's a lot harder to learn the older you become. Plus you never know when it might come in handy, you can't know what your future holds. Be as prepared as you can possibly be by the time you leave education. If you aren't sure how economics will help you in your fathers business, why not ask your dad to introduce you to his accountant/accounts department, they could give you some insight into how you could use your education.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think the best way to put it is, for some people, no, a degree is not required, and for some it is, the wisest thing to do is get as much schooling as you can though, and if you drop out at least get your GED. You may not use everything they teach you, however if you want a normal job you will need at least a GED, so school is key in that aspect. However, not everyone has/wants a career that requires a GED or degree etc. so for that person school obviously isn't key. But again the wisest thing to do is at least get your GED if you don't want to finish high school, because even if you want a career that doesn't require one you will still want one for backup.

Back