• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I want some Good Advice and Tips on making a interface

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I know Photoshop is really good on. making A lobby Interface.
i Just want some good tips like

Some good colors
Some good effects
and very good tools to use.
And good themes.

AND ect.
if any one has some really Good tips Please feel free to comment

Thanks C:​

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As Elian said never use a Bevel or Emboss effect, try to refrain from using strokes, and don't use 50 different colors for one piece. Study the color spectrum (or just look at the one they supply you with) and see which colors contrast with each other. (Colors that are across from each other on the Wheel), for instance Blue and Orange contrast really nicely.

A lot of people will bring up the "Not GunZ Colors" just ignore that because saying that a GunZ Interface has to be a certain "GunZ Color" is foolish. Make the interface detailed, instead of just using a Rounded Rectangle for a Border/Outline, make it a little thicker, create a new layer with an image on it (any image), select everything but the Border/Outline on the Original layer, click the new layer, delete, and mess around with some layer properties.

Add little things in here and there as well, or maybe alter the Tables a little bit. Most important; Clean, Smooth, Colors Flow, and Simple. (Sometimes Simple may not be the best option though) As I said though don't have 50 different colors flowing around everywhere, stick to 2, maybe 3 Colors that all go together nicely. Or even set a Theme you want to go by, Metallic Theme, Ocean Theme, Fire Theme, etc. Like segaomega's monochrome interface.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
If this is your first time, then:
Don't make it custom.
Choose colors which fit with each other, black-red-yellow,blue-green,cyan-blue etc..(Maximum 2-3 colors)., make it glossy, or simple gradient.
Don't make the buttons big or small. And use custom shapes for them.
Don't add much on it and don't leave it empty. Make it clean, smooth, don't make it complex nor simple.
Use textures if you want it metallic interface.
Use your imagination while designing.
That's all.
~Zeaos.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Never told anyone, but the.interface I released (orange one) was my first interface, its simple and clean, and people liked it.

How is that related to the thread o-o?

On topic: try to make it simple, neat and just try not to hurt anyone's eyes.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
kuler for color schemes.
Try to find matching colors for gunz (gunz is a darker type of game, try to find warm colors).

Try to stay original or improve existing layouts. Use DEFAULT fonts or similair, do not use stupid fonts that have effects in it.

Upvote 0
Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
kuler for color schemes.
Try to find matching colors for gunz (gunz is a darker type of game, try to find warm colors).

Try to stay original or improve existing layouts. Use DEFAULT fonts or similair, do not use stupid fonts that have effects in it.

I can't understand that ppl say that gunz has some kind of color theme?

Color doesn't matter, the result does...

Upvote 0
Back