• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Iced Earth: Alive in Athens

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Came across a great DVD of a live concert for Iced Earth in Athens, Greece. Hope you guys enjoy. :tongue: This is also probably the only live stuff of Iced Earth I've seen on video. I believe that Iced Earth didn't initially release it back when it was shot because it was bad quality. But, Century Media got a hold of the footage and released Iced Earth's first live DVD.

I know it's long. But, it really is a great Ducking show. Probably one of the best you'll ever see. :grin:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found a video of like 36 minutes of the concert on google video the other day. It was amazing. The CD version is great too, I've been listening to it non-stop lately.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I saw that concert before, and yeah, Iced Earth is awesome, one of my favourites... <3

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
DaCheat is back! <3

On Topic: I think they should bring back Matt Barlow for vocals. Heh, I found it interesting that Barlow left the band in 03' to pursue a career in the US Department of Homeland Security. :tongue: He was the best vocalist the band ever had.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree about getting Barlow back. I heard that the whole 9/11 situation really got to him and he decided to do somethin like that. Plus, their new singer doesn't have long hair, and that just doesn't work :D haha

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree about getting Barlow back. I heard that the whole 9/11 situation really got to him and he decided to do somethin like that. Plus, their new singer doesn't have long hair, and that just doesn't work :D haha

I don't care what their hair style is. Tim Owens is a great singer. I mean, he used to sing for Judas Priest. But, Barlow has a much better voice for Iced Earth than Ownes does.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heh, I was just joking about the hair lol. I agree that Barlow has a better voice for this band. Don't get me wrong, the new album with Owens is great too, I just prefer the older stuff. Although I am anxious to hear the second part of Something Wicked This Way Comes. I heard it's coming out later this year.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They haven't confirmed a release date because Schaffer's father died recently. But, it's going to be a double CD album. I look forward to it because they got a new rhythm guitarist.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, I have not heard about all of that yet, thanks for the info man :).

Back