• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

If you had to convince someone in 10 or less words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not to commit suicide, what would you say?

Saw this question on another site and I wanted to see what you guys would say.

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
Keep talking to him. Give him a hobby and something to do and then try to involve yourself in that persons life.

Life is hard but it can only get better by time :)

Reaction score
It's honestly not. Unless you're in some war area or a 3rd world country you got no reason to be emo :ehh:. Some people are weak, harsh words often do more then to hold their hand and act like it's fine acting up like that. Depression? Meh, I guess totally different story, but you can't change those people's minds with just having a convo.

Dat dislike button I just noticed. XD Sorry for hurting your feelings Justice For All :lol:

Not rly, get some thicker skin fgts.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So say (just for the sake of my point)

Someone who has no family, friends, money, no house, no job, is paralyzed, has cancer, severe insomnia, chronic headaches, no arms or legs, has PTSD, seizures and is blind and deaf, has "no reason to be emo" or want to commit suicide?

Right.

I know that's a very exaggerated situation but it gets my point across.

And you didn't "hurt my feelings" lmao

Your post was just ignorant and un-thoughtful to say the least.

Reaction score
It's honestly not. Unless you're in some war area or a 3rd world country you got no reason to be emo :ehh:. Some people are weak, harsh words often do more then to hold their hand and act like it's fine acting up like that. Depression? Meh, I guess totally different story, but you can't change those people's minds with just having a convo.

Dat dislike button I just noticed. XD Sorry for hurting your feelings Justice For All :lol:

When exactly misery started to be a competition?
With your logic, you may have no reason to be happy either because someone is living a better life.

You don't tell asthmatic kids to get better lungs, do you?
The brain is an organ, it's susceptible to diseases.

Last edited:
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To actually suicide, one needs tons and tons of courage.. its not just hanging to death, or jumping off a bridge.
So why not use the same amount of courage to do something better in life.

This is what my best friend told to me, when we were having a chat on this topic.

Reaction score
So say (just for the sake of my point)

Someone who has no family, friends, money, no house, no job, is paralyzed, has cancer, severe insomnia, chronic headaches, no arms or legs, has PTSD, seizures and is blind and deaf, has "no reason to be emo" or want to commit suicide?

Right.

I know that's a very exaggerated situation but it gets my point across.

And you didn't "hurt my feelings" lmao

Your post was just ignorant and un-thoughtful to say the least.

Hardly, people who say they'll suicide won't. Anyone who does announce it before actually doing it clearly has issues noone could handle. And for the people who have, you won't be able to stop them. As above me said you need alot of courage? Somewhat true. people do it because they see no other way out. If a person gets to that stage, do you think a few words are going to change their mind? Do you think they'll care enough to tell you? Lately alot of news get published about bully victims who suicide. Yes, you could deff change their mind by holding their hand, but those are still weak people and it takes alot more then 10words to get someone out of that. Also with a thread like this, can you really call anyone else ignorant? Doesn't matter how stupid their post gets, you topped it.

Basically my first post is to all the people who announce they'll want to suicide, they're attention seekers 99% of the time, so yea, "stop being a lil witch" does work in those cases. :lol:

Reaction score
Hardly, people who say they'll suicide won't. Anyone who does announce it before actually doing it clearly has issues noone could handle. And for the people who have, you won't be able to stop them. As above me said you need alot of courage? Somewhat true. people do it because they see no other way out. If a person gets to that stage, do you think a few words are going to change their mind? Do you think they'll care enough to tell you? Lately alot of news get published about bully victims who suicide. Yes, you could deff change their mind by holding their hand, but those are still weak people and it takes alot more then 10words to get someone out of that. Also with a thread like this, can you really call anyone else ignorant? Doesn't matter how stupid their post gets, you topped it.

Basically my first post is to all the people who announce they'll want to suicide, they're attention seekers 99% of the time, so yea, "stop being a lil witch" does work in those cases. :lol:

Obviously you have no experience in this.

People who are contemplating suicide feel there is no other option, they mentally don't think/believe there is a way their life could get better. To support them you should try and convince them to get help, support them.

10 words or less: Life will get better, with help.

Reaction score
^ Life will get better ? LOL, fk off. You claim I got no experience and you think a few words everyone tells you since a young age will suddenly work? Also you pretty much just wrote what I said in different words and then contradict it, they see no way out > yet "Life will get better" will work although you also said "they don't believe there is a way their life could get better", but your sweet 4 words will change their mind? Ok, you sir, smart lv 300.

people do it because they see no other way out. If a person gets to that stage, do you think a few words are going to change their mind? Do you think they'll care enough to tell you?

Re-read pls, so you said the same thing, yet you got experience and I don't ? You live in a fantasie world if you think words can change someones mind who got to the point of taking their own life.

Maybe a interesting thing to read:

Please, give me 10 words to change her mind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ Life will get better ? LOL, fk off. You claim I got no experience and you think a few words everyone tells you since a young age will suddenly work? Also you pretty much just wrote what I said in different words and then contradict it, they see no way out > yet "Life will get better" will work although you also said "they don't believe there is a way their life could get better", but your sweet 4 words will change their mind? Ok, you sir, smart lv 300.

Re-read pls, so you said the same thing, yet you got experience and I don't ? You live in a fantasie world if you think words can change someones mind who got to the point of taking their own life.

Maybe a interesting thing to read:

Please, give me 10 words to change her mind.

No, you were saying it in a douchey way, you said 99% of the people who suffer with these thoughts are attention seekers. And I have first hand experience with this. These things are extremely sensitive, people need professional help, convincing them to get the help is the hardest part.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stop being a lil witch.

XD Sorry for hurting your feelings Justice For All :lol:

Also with a thread like this, can you really call anyone else ignorant? Doesn't matter how stupid their post gets, you topped it.

so yea, "stop being a lil witch" does work in those cases. :lol:

Ok, you sir, smart lv 300.

Yeah, you're obviously either a troll, are here just to cause an argument and/or have lived a coushiny life and never had to deal with the hardships this world can throw at some people so you think everyone who commits suicide/wants to commit suicide are "weak attention seekers" I bet you're one of those people who would yell "jump!" to someone who was at the top of a building ready to commit suicide.

Why don't you try leaving your pampered coushiny life and go move away from your entire family, all your friends and become homeless and we'll see just how "strong" you are. I bet within the first week you at least give suicide a second thought.

Also just going to leave this here.

When exactly misery started to be a competition?
With your logic, you may have no reason to be happy either because someone is living a better life.

I'm done wasting my time and effort replying to you.

Reaction score
No, 99% of the ones that announcs it are the attention seekers, the ones that don't are so far gone, a few words won't change that. Do you really think : "Life will get better", "You walked xx years why stop now?" will change anything ? Please answer yes and be my laughinstock for months to come. You think those thoughts come up over night? Years must have passed for people to be in such pain that they think ending life will be better then living it.

But for anyone to consider suicide because you become homeless, and move away from your family and friends? Then they're just weak. these are not reasons to consider suicide...

It was to the people's feelings I hurt, not to the ones in pain. XD so leave that there as much as you like, the thicker skin part was aimed at you, noone else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, 99% of the ones that announcs it are the attention seekers, the ones that don't are so far gone, a few words won't change that. Do you really think : "Life will get better", "You walked xx years why stop now?" will change anything ? Please answer yes and be my laughinstock for months to come. You think those thoughts come up over night? Years must have passed for people to be in such pain that they think ending life will be better then living it.

But for anyone to consider suicide because you become homeless, and move away from your family and friends? Then they're just weak. these are not reasons to consider suicide...

It was to the people's feelings I hurt, not to the ones in pain. XD so leave that there as much as you like, the thicker skin part was aimed at you, noone else.

Like I said I have had first hand experience with people contemplating Suicide, your naivety is astounding. Final Response to you.

Reaction score
Nah, you falling for attention seekers is. Everyone knows a couple of people who say "My life sucks", "I feel like killing myself", poop like that. You think they'll do it? They're usually people who hate their parents because they're not getting what they want. Or feel the world is against them because they get picked last at gym. :/: If you experienced it first hand atleast tell me more about it to make your point. If not I assume it's a kid of your age who went emo and you think that it's something to worry about. Everyone has ran into those kind of people at age 13-18 or so. Less then 10 words will help with them for sure because that's enough attention you've feed to them, goodjob, you saved a life...

not really

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I must say I respect Zaruna's opinion and do agree with the logic in some ways, now the delivery leaves a lot to be desired but some of the logic is palatable.

If someone is so convinced that life is so horrible, and will never change, to the point of suicide is the only option, there is nothing in 10 WORDS you can do to change that...it will take many YEARS of therapy and a DESIRE from the person to actually try and make it work.

MOST people that announce they are going to do it are truly crying out for help, because they do not really want to go through with it, or just want the attention. Most suicides that occur are completely random, friends and family are usually not even aware there is an issue.

As for the "strength of people", there is no template that states how emotionally strong people are, some are stronger than others....some break easier than others. I myself have been in the situation used as an example here....I was once homeless, thousands of miles away from any family, who couldn't afford to help even if they were 5 feet from me, with only the clothes on my back.

I stayed in a shelter for 3 weeks before landing a job at a car wash and getting my own place, 10 years later I now own 2 car washes.

Not once during my homeless bit did I even breathe a thought of ending it all...so generalizing people based on what their life like at that moment is not accurate. Being homeless is just YOUR worse case scenario.

----Edit----

On a side note....does no one here believe that a person is in control of their own destiny? Only they can make their life either livable or not? I understand there are times where mental issues are beyond your control, even in those cases sometimes people use the diagnosis as a crutch....

Just curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back