Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I'm developing the new Lineage 2 Classic server in .NET

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I develop a new Lineage 2 server as a hobby.
The new Lineage 2 is the port of the Mobius' L2J server for 447 protocol to .NET.

I would like to share my work and engage people to join my project.
The project is in the stage when the sources are able to compile and run, for example I'm able to create characters, use skills, teleports, walk in the world and attack mobs.

I currently in the process of fixing bugs.
Some functionality has not been ported yet, for example quests and events.

I need help with the datapack and geodata. There are no available datapacks and geodata at the moment. As a temp solution I'm considering modifying the client and use datapack and geodata from Classic 3.0.

Best,
Grymyr

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I develop a new Lineage 2 server as a hobby.
The new Lineage 2 is the port of the Mobius' L2J server for 447 protocol to .NET.

I would like to share my work and engage people to join my project.
The project is in the stage when the sources are able to compile and run, for example I'm able to create characters, use skills, teleports, walk in the world and attack mobs.

I currently in the process of fixing bugs.
Some functionality has not been ported yet, for example quests and events.

I need help with the datapack and geodata. There are no available datapacks and geodata at the moment. As a temp solution I'm considering modifying the client and use datapack and geodata from Classic 3.0.

Best,
Grymyr
Sadly need msbuild 143 compiler

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sadly need msbuild 143 compiler
All you need is to install dotnet 8.0 sdk to compile the project. Works on windows, linux and mac.

Then you can just run the server. Auth server in one terminal window:
Bash:
cd <path to repo>/L2Dn/L2Dn.AuthServer
dotnet run -c Release
and Game server in another terminal window:
Bash:
cd <path to repo>/L2Dn/L2Dn.GameServer
dotnet run -c Release

or you can build the project for any platform you want. In this case you don't need to install anything on the machine where you want to run the server:
Bash:
dotnet publish -r win-x64 --sc
or
Bash:
dotnet publish -r linux-x64 --sc

I will write later the detailed instruction how to deploy the server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
btw i'm using rider 2023.3 to load your code for .net 8 sdk since visual studio 2022 too heavy for old machine ... (i've installed visual studio 2019 because more suit for my old laptop) note that i could still load your code using .net 5 sdk

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm using many new features of C# 12, so the code won't compile with .net sdk version below 8.0
and I'm using in Rider 2023.3 too

Back