Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Implementing more WorldMaps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm running a 83 local server, and I've just finished implementing vanishing journey, where all the maps work perfectly.
I have implemented the WorldMap into the wz files as well, all the id's are correct and everything, But i still get this error.
sadiaas - Implementing more WorldMaps - RaGEZONE Forums

Does anyone know how to actually implement more world maps, i would appreciate it, if someone could tell me.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
WorldMaps are hardcoded in the client. You can edit it or use one that already exists.

This loop at 009EA02B in GetDeepestWorldMap can be modified pretty easily. For example from 140->142 to 140->152 then change your WorldMap# in the wz files to use those 10 new IDs.
x1jdEF - Implementing more WorldMaps - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well if its a span of id's why wouldn't 082 work
when the existing 080 does and existing 142 does?

also i read a list of id's that should already work in v83 and the v82 should be there?
so im not sure thats the issue
though im really bad at client work so I wouldn't know.
I've never seen a client code look likethat beforethough, seems to much easier to look at than at hex editor, which program is that?

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
It's IDA pseudocode

They only loop certain ranges. Multiples of 10, 140 to 142, etc.

You can try testing if the worldmap works at all by temporarily renaming it to an existing, already working, WorldMap# and seeing if it opens then.

sadiaas - Implementing more WorldMaps - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so which program do you use, because i looked at ida pro which seemed way to pricey, and ida free doesn't really seem to show it like that.

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Think there's a rule against distributing cracks/warez/etc unless it's game files or i'd help you out. You can find IDA Pro 7.7 around publicly but i'd recommend running in a vm unless you're sure it's clean. Keep in mind you have to unpack MapleStory.exe for it to look like that

As for actually changing the value from 142->152 you can just use something like x64dbg and patch the cmp from 8E->98

This localhost has the patch I mentioned if you want to try changing your new WorldMap#s to 143, 144, 145, etc. and seeing if it works but there's not a whole lot of other client edits so I recommend applying the patch to your own client yourself if you have things like tubi. (Or using a dll)

JOhiefs - Implementing more WorldMaps - RaGEZONE Forums

7AmZZmw - Implementing more WorldMaps - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that seemed to do the trick, which i could see it like you do xD seems easier as i wanted to increase it to about 170 or 180 then

i could just do C8 for 200 right?

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
You can download x64dbg ( ) and instead of patching the cmp from 8E(142)->98(152) patch it from 8E(142)->B4(180)

Run x32dbg.exe as admin -> F3 and open your localhost -> Ctrl+G to jump to the address(009EA030) -> Spacebar to edit assembly or Ctrl+E to edit hex -> Change the value -> Ctrl+P to patch -> Select All -> Patch File

Upvote 0
Back