Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Improved Item Drops in Server v2100

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some simple changes to the server that will allow items to be dropped when trashing them from the inventory. This changes the event that trashes items so that it first drops the items onto the ground and then removes them from the players inventory as normal. While its not as good as restoring the trade functions for all items, its a much quicker and easier change that can be made to allow the exchange of any item.

Notes
  • The name of the items container on the ground is the name of the original owners class. Probably should be something else or not there.
  • There's a built-in 5 second delay between dropping it and when its available to be picked up by other players. Change the 5000 to something else if you'd like a different time delay or no time delay.

Download: View attachment add_item_drops_2100.zip - This contains all of the java files that have been modified.

Unzip the folder into the folder named "odore" (or whatever the equivalent is for the top level), the folder should look like:

It should overwrite 2 files, CMDeleteItem.java and DeadBody.java. If you prefer not to overwrite your existing files, see the diffs below and apply the changes individually.

The changes to CMDeleteItem.java can be found below:

The changes to DeadBody.java can be found below:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you! Is it not applicable to the Archer version?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It should work, the server I was using for this was Ledie's Archer 223 version.

Oh right? However, the published version of Archer 223 cannot be applied because there is no source.

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
Amazing work!. Never imagined something like this before, great great!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. Are the "Archer" source files the v.795 ones, meaning retail version, or a community emulator? Link: https://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-archer-version-server-files-1198560/

What about the Corsair files, are those retail files or a community emulator? I'm thinking about seriously committing to development of a custom trimmed down version of BDO, so I need to know what version to take as a base.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What about the Corsair files, are those retail files or a community emulator? I'm thinking about seriously committing to development of a custom trimmed down version of BDO, so I need to know what version to take as a base.

Corsair is retail files. Do you want to create your own emulator or modify retail files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Corsair is retail files. Do you want to create your own emulator or modify retail files?
The idea was to remove all of the unnecessary fluff out of the game, that made the game worse, though most of it seems to be SQL data with a bit of client modification. But broadly, I would remove: Daily quests, errand-type quests, trade limitation, black spirit interaction, daily attendance, dice rolls, pet rng, mount rng, worker rng and rework enchanting together with crafting. The solution from above seems very interesting, but it would limit me to the Archer version, unless I try to inject the changes through dll injection. I'm interested in modifying retail files as they seem to be stable.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The idea was to remove all of the unnecessary fluff out of the game,

What is connected with the datasheet and spawn can be implemented without problems, but with the removal of the entire content, many problems can arise. You will need to force to ignore function calls not only on the server, but also in the client, and also synchronize opcode between them. You will need to write a dll injection for both the server and the client, and most likely without using the alfa.dll and d3d9.dll ones. I also think you will need to edit sql queries. With this kind of work, it is better not to remove content, but to add it.

Back