• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Info About me and Kal Dev Future

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, my name is Alex. In this post i will tell you about me and what i'm going to do with kalonline.

Info About me:

When i was 11 years old "2007" I was playing different games in net cafe, it was all I could afford at that time. One of the games Ive played there was Kalonline, i remember playing it with no expirience in the game at all. Then after few months I moved to "England" and got my first PC which i started playing private kalservers like "Earth Server" with a penis weapon xD was fun.

I quit the game many times and came back to it many times xD most reasons i leave is because it takes alot of time to actually get somewhere in game but i also have a life.

Kal Dev:

My programing skills:
Just small amount of html,css,java,c++,vb i mean small amount working for bases and stuff.

Whats my Kal Dev Goal:

My aim is to use Kalonline Files and Remake the whole game! By that i mean create a whole new game like Kalonline V2!!!
Example:
Using the OLD INT kal - Re texturing the whole client "every single file" coding new stuff like more developed Chat! Buttons instead of commands! More colors, diffrent npcs in every single city "Not just the same man in every city but a different looking man" Creating quests and stuff!
Basicly just creating a whole new Game "Kalonline V2 Reborn"

Why?
Because kalonline is a great game and its old but the gameplay of it is just great! and you can create much more out of it!

I know its nothing big! but what i want i can't just write it in few paragraphs.

What I want to ask you guys!
I'm just a begginer! and i'm willing to learn, like it tooks me over 30 hours to figure out how to get ODBC and databse working ! You think its easy but with all of the crap and errors comming up i just didn't give up until i fix it.

You will never learn if you don't make mistakes!!!

I might ask for help here, all i want is help not doing it for me but teaching me so i can learn smth. If you do it for me i will never learn!

Thank you

Developer
Reaction score
if you want learn something you have to search on it and do your best
check the tutorials on ragezone and follow it,
My programing skills: Just small amount of html,css,java,c++,vb i mean small amount working for bases and stuff.
you even didnt show us some examples of this projects
maybe if i saw your projects good, i get a job for you with money

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you Threadsafe? Someone should send a sigkill -9 to you. Rewriting Kal :w00t:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If it takes you 30 hours to set up ODBC I advise you to put your great idea right in the trash can.

Cheers
If you give up, you will never achive anything! trying and failing is a normal thing and its not a point to judge someone! Strong person is who will put all the failures/errors behind and keep trying!

and yes If you dont know what kind of problems i had!!! I never done it before + I didnt ask for help, i figured everything my self.

One thing doing it, but learning and doing it is a different thing.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you realy wanna remake kal that much you would need more coders. not only yourself. for example look how long nwk needed for just adding 1 char,and some other addons. and they have alot coders.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you realy wanna remake kal that much you would need more coders. not only yourself. for example look how long nwk needed for just adding 1 char,and some other addons. and they have alot coders.

Who said its a short term project? Ill start my Game animation/Game dev course in college this September and Kalonline is a game i'm going to use to get my skills up!

Also who said it going to be 4 chars?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol who said 4 chars? i said look how much nwk needed and you said you wanna totaly change kal so you would need at last 5-6 years to do it alone. since they been working on nwk for like 2 years. sure its good you want to skill yourself up but dont hope too much...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand that it is long, but to create a game it will never take you few month. And plus by doing it alone will get you more skills, also you can do want. Atm my aim is to get some expirience in kal dev, once i got that ill start building smth.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Striker also coded 4th Char on his own + Server Side Stuff no one else. so it's no Problem for 1 Person.

Itš not a problem, if you know how/what to do. xD But for me ill just play around for few months, 1-2 hours a day. xD might create smth :p:p

Reaction score

Striker also coded 4th Char on his own + Server Side Stuff no one else. so it's no Problem for 1 Person.

lol who said 4 chars? i said look how much nwk needed and you said you wanna totaly change kal so you would need at last 5-6 years to do it alone. since they been working on nwk for like 2 years. sure its good you want to skill yourself up but dont hope too much...

Justei did some client modifications...Everything else(except some Packet fixes) was made by me alone...
Also the coding for Thief and stability wasn't 2 years something like 7-8 months...duck this...2 years ago I was inactive.
And one other thing..Back then, when I started I didn't know anything about the mainsvr at all..
It also took so long for me cause I was all in all around 3 months of these 8 months inactive 2 months pretty busy etc...And I played much around did something here and there and that's also a reason why it took so much time...

If you can't code, hack, understand basic asm, using ida and olly. Learn all these things(except hacking,maybe) before starting to make server addons...Cause you will fail hard if you aren't willing to spend every day around 4 hours on coding & testing...

Also detouring is important, how to do it right and sometimes you have to think if it's better to replace a complete function or just nop some parts of it and let them check in your function(f.e. I replaced the whole normal attack function, why? because 1hh is fixed(without equip delay) + I've modified Mix effects(Ice, Lightning) cause the buffs were bugged as hell...).
But on f.e. Player::Tick I only detoured the call and nopped some parts like cooking, fishing, hp reg(for MC) etc...

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The important question is: Is it worth to invest so much time into Kal Dev? Ive made some thoughts about it and the following things prevent me from investing more time into Kal Dev. Like Striker told it is not "very" hard to get handy with the Tools or learn some programming languages for e.g. C++. I have problems with Boarderkoens Code because i never coded in delphi i wouldnt say that it is hard to get in, but it takes it time. So what i am driving at? The Problem is Time. I watched at Aylens SDK and saw, that you can do things with it in short time, but detouring mainserver functions takes much more time. Second thing is the money aspect, i know there are people here who sell there Stuff, that is ok but does they make money with it, wich is in relation to their time they invested? I think no, thats why my primary target is to study informatics and do little stuff in few hours or days, not over weeks and month, but therefore i release it for free, because i know later after studying people with master of science gets many thousands of money in month, simply called a good payed job.
So Kal Dev is a bad payed non job...
Now you worked such month on your project and set up an kal server with your new features, whats the first thing that happens?
Right you get a DDoS Attack, by the way its sooo senseless. The first reward from the community to your Project is DDoS, wow you invested much month time into a project with no money and now the people DDoS your Project instead of saying "good work", "nice done".

Why should anyone have any motivation to make new stuff or release new stuff or set up a new Project? Because they like this game and they will never stop because of some haters. This community lost many good persons and new good ones and new bad ones will appear.

I am not for a long time here yet, but that are my thoughts...

Reaction score
Like striker said, I didn't do any of the server sided modifications, so if that is your goal then you can do it by yourself.

However, your project seems to have the goal of remaking the whole game.
Now there, I can help you out with a couple of simple things, the reason simply being because I actually work as a indie game developer and run a successful business doing just that.

To begin with, I'm not going to compare this project to a kalonline Private server, because it wont be, the goal of this project seems to be to remake the whole game. Models, textures, etc.
So simply put, I'm going to compare it to making a whole game from scratch essentially, because it's almost what it is.

So to begin with, you need to realize that the amount of work and time you need to put towards creating content for your game, even a simple game like KalOnline, is huge. The amount of models to make a game look decent, is very big.

MODELS
I usually say that, a bare minimum is around 200 models, to make a small area in a game look decent.
In a open world game like kal, it's still very necessary to keep variation, or people will get bored very fast.

Another factor is time, you need a lot of time to create the models and textures. A decent model usually takes around 3hours to make, depending on what the model is, the content for the latest title of my team (ONLY 3D models) will take around 6-7 months with 3 talented 3d artists working full time, and that does NOT include polishing.
Another factor is that you need planning, meaning concept art, etc. That needs a concept artist.

ANIMATIONS
Animations are extremely time consuming, in any game you have, animations are time consuming as duck, we are fortunate enough to have invested in a Motion Capture studio in our company, which saves us some time, we also use FaceFX. Which saves a LOT on facial animations, but regardless, you will always have to do some animations manually, because you can simply just not do it with motion capture good enough.

SOUND
Now, this is another interesting topic, because you need a lot of sound, because in the end, without sound, even the most awesome graphics can't make up for crappy sound.
This can be broken down to sound effects, vocals, and soundtrack to make it easier.

Soundtrack has to be made by a music composer, we have 3 of these.
A sound technician will help you set up sounds such as shooting, walking, and other various VERY important-to-get-right sound effects!

You also need vocals, in other words voice acting. This can be done with a headset, if you want it to sound like poop. Or you hire professional voice actors and put them in a sound booth! (RECOMMENDED)

As you can easily tell, this is a LOT of work. And one person alone cannot do it. Hopefully you figure that out before you start wasting your time (on something that you wont even be able to sell anyway).

The above headlines are but a fraction of the actual work that goes into a real game, I just don't have the time to go through everything, I just wanted to show you how much the mere basics are to get something like this off the ground, stuff I haven't mentioned include things like game designers, producers, directors, programmers, and many many more. That are indeed essential for a succesful product!

If you still decide to go through with this, I recommend to try to save on your time by using stuff like a MoCap studio and FaceFx and model packs to save time on animations and models.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ii guess most of you here just for the money, that waht ruind this community and you guys reject new people that want to help and learn!
you know there are people that are willing to learn for them selfs and other people no matter if you fail or sucsess

Reaction score
Ii guess most of you here just for the money, that waht ruind this community and you guys reject new people that want to help and learn!
you know there are people that are willing to learn for them selfs and other people no matter if you fail or sucsess

Actually, all most of the people here are trying to tell you not to waste your time on something that we know a lot more then you about.
Like we said, remaking some of the server stuff is fine, if you got the time.
But making a whole new game, don't bother.

But if you still wish to waste your time, go ahead. No one is stopping you.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The important question is: Is it worth to invest so much time into Kal Dev? Ive made some thoughts about it and the following things prevent me from investing more time into Kal Dev. Like Striker told it is not "very" hard to get handy with the Tools or learn some programming languages for e.g. C++. I have problems with Boarderkoens Code because i never coded in delphi i wouldnt say that it is hard to get in, but it takes it time. So what i am driving at? The Problem is Time. I watched at Aylens SDK and saw, that you can do things with it in short time, but detouring mainserver functions takes much more time. Second thing is the money aspect, i know there are people here who sell there Stuff, that is ok but does they make money with it, wich is in relation to their time they invested? I think no, thats why my primary target is to study informatics and do little stuff in few hours or days, not over weeks and month, but therefore i release it for free, because i know later after studying people with master of science gets many thousands of money in month, simply called a good payed job.
So Kal Dev is a bad payed non job...
Now you worked such month on your project and set up an kal server with your new features, whats the first thing that happens?
Right you get a DDoS Attack, by the way its sooo senseless. The first reward from the community to your Project is DDoS, wow you invested much month time into a project with no money and now the people DDoS your Project instead of saying "good work", "nice done".

Why should anyone have any motivation to make new stuff or release new stuff or set up a new Project? Because they like this game and they will never stop because of some haters. This community lost many good persons and new good ones and new bad ones will appear.

I am not for a long time here yet, but that are my thoughts...
KalOnline is actually really good to make Money... with a Private Server + Donations u can make up to 1-3.000€ per Month belive me. Also selling Hacks / Bots is a good way ,too.

Addons I dont know really but for sure people here made good money with it and it's the time worth.

Problem always in this Communty is the Point of Learn by Doing.. around 4231523562626 stupid questions here since 2006/2007? ._.

most of People here dont want to learn.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem always in this Communty is the Point of Learn by Doing.. around 4231523562626 stupid questions here since 2006/2007? ._.

most of People here dont want to learn.

True True

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Private Server + Donations u can make up to 1-3.000€ per"

3000 Euro - 500 Euro DDoS Protection / 3 Persons (bigger projects like nwk are with more persons) = 833 Euro / Month

How much money gets an Developer (after 5 years of studying with Master Title) in a company per month for example in Germany?

:drool:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Private Server + Donations u can make up to 1-3.000€ per"

3000 Euro - 500 Euro DDoS Protection / 3 Persons (bigger projects like nwk are with more persons) = 833 Euro / Month

How much money gets an Developer (after 5 years of studying with Master Title) in a company per month for example in Germany?

:drool:

Now lsiten is not about Money! it's all about getting up there and doing it. You cane asy make a server with repack change few things and in 1 week have a server. making money 50-100 a month or so.

But if you want to create community, and achive somewhere money does not matter.

Back