• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Inspirational Quotes/Stories.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I've found this one on 9gag. even tough it's a meme.

KUMm96 - Inspirational Quotes/Stories. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections"

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Found this short story. Really worth reading it.

Code:
"This is a story that I am sure will change your approach towards life:

The Story of an EAGLE
The Eagle has the longest life-span of its species. It can live upto 70 years. 

But to reach this age, the eagle must make a very difficult decision!

In its 40th year, the eagle's long and flexible Talons can no longer grab a prey which serves as food. 
Its long and sharp beak becomes bent.
Its old-aged and heavy wings, due to their thick feathers, stick to its chest and make it difficult to fly.

Then, the eagle is left with only two options: DIE or go through a painful process of CHANGE! This process lasts for 150 days (5 months)
the process requires the eagle to fly to a mountain top and sit on its nest.

There the eagle knocks its beak against a rock until it plucks it out.
Then the eagle will wait for the new beak to grow back after which it will pluck out its talons. When its talons grow back, the eagle starts plucking its old aged feathers.

And after this the eagle takes its famous flight of rebirth and LIVES for 30 more years!!

Why is Change needed??? In order to survive and live. We too have to start the change process.

We sometimes need to get rid of the unpleasant old memories, negative habits and our fixed mind set.

Only Freed from the past burdens can we take advantage of the present.

If an eagle can make a life saving and life changing decision at the age of 40....why can't we? 

In order to take on a New Journey ahead, let go of your negative old limiting beliefs. Open up your mind and let yourself fly high like an eagle!

When it rains, all birds occupy shelter. But the EAGLE avoids the rain by flying above the clouds....

problem is common to all but the attitude to solve it makes the difference!

Don't be afraid of change...accept it gracefully!"

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a famous line from the movie "Pursuit of Happyness"

"You've got a dream, you've gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves they want to tell you can't do it.
If you want something, go get it. Period."

This thread has jumped off to 2nd page ;o
--
Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going, because a straight line in an E.C.G means we are not alive - Ratan Tata.

Last edited:
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Never let life's hardships disturb you ... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages" -Nichiren Daishonen

Bumping

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Riizq - Inspirational Quotes/Stories. - RaGEZONE Forums

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Some quotes from the good old Master Splinter
Riizq - Inspirational Quotes/Stories. - RaGEZONE Forums

"The path that leads to what we truly desire is long and difficult, but only by following that path do we achieve our goal."

"After all of this time, I have learned that revenge only leads to more pain."

"Age has it's advantages."

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"It Is Easy Cry In Pain
And It Is Easy To Laugh In Joy
But Crying In Joy and Laughing In Pain Shows Real Spirit!"

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread!

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally. I get to share my collection of quotes. Woo.

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

"The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage."

"There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free."

"I dream, therefore I exist."

"I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me."

"Valor is stability not of legs and arms, but of courage and soul."

If anyone knows the author for these; feel free to add them to my original message. I just have these saved from years of collecting. There's a ton more but I'll leave it at this!

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Had to bump this thread.
Lets share many more motivational qoutes this 2015 =)
tna3H8 - Inspirational Quotes/Stories. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's one of my absolute favorites:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." The Serenity Prayer (Reinhold Niebuhr)

“After all to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”

The last 3 is quotes I've heard from Dumbledore through the Harry Potter movies, and even though they appear in these movies, they're not any less meaningful.

Reaction score
There is this story I discovered a while ago and it touched my heart and got me quite emotional. The story, simply called The Story of Kyle is below:

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, “Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd.”

I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up, and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

My heart went out to him. So I jogged over to him, and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, “Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives.” He looked at me and said, “Hey thanks!” There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before, but we talked all the way home, and I carried his books.

He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes.

We hung out all weekend, and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, “Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!” He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn’t me having to get up there and speak.

On graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech, so I smacked him on the back and said, “Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. “Thanks,” he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. “Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach — but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story.” I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. “Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.”

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.

The moral of this is - Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture, you can change a person’s life.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is this story I discovered a while ago and it touched my heart and got me quite emotional. The story, simply called The Story of Kyle is below:

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, “Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd.”

I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up, and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

My heart went out to him. So I jogged over to him, and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, “Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives.” He looked at me and said, “Hey thanks!” There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before, but we talked all the way home, and I carried his books.

He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes.

We hung out all weekend, and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, “Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!” He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn’t me having to get up there and speak.

On graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech, so I smacked him on the back and said, “Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. “Thanks,” he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. “Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach — but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story.” I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. “Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.”

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.

The moral of this is - Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture, you can change a person’s life.

I am speechless!!
Thank you very much for the share =)

Back